Hello

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishtom

Reaction score
I'm moving soon from a large house to a high rise in Chicago and will soon be selling off my Altec and JBL horn systems, they are simply too large and I'll no longer need their dynamic range and output. The only speakers I like besides horns are ESs and I'm interested in MLs.

The Puritys appeal to me because of the simplicity of a system that need consist only of sources, a preamp and the speakers. And they sound very good.

The Vista looks good to me too though I haven't heard it yet. Might work nice with good integrated amp like a Marantz or the Krell, maybe one of the higher powered Joildas? I use a 15wpc Jolida with some Altecs and it's a very nice amp but the Altecs are 98db sensitive and very tube friendly.

The new listening room will be 22'x13' with a 9' ceiling and opening into a kitchen about 10'x11'. The speakers will be place on one of the long walls so I expect to sit at farthest 10-12' away from them.

All suggestions and advice are welcome.

Welcome aboard!

I would defintely give the Vista's a listen, I think its a great speaker as I own a pair. I haven't listened to the Puritys but the Vista is out of the ESL series and has a larger ES panel. You will defintely need a good amp for the Vista. The Purity is a powered speaker.

I'd give both a listen and depending on your budget go from there! The Vista can be had used on Agon for 2k a pair!

Back