Hello from St. Petersburg!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcl

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all from St. Petersburg, Russia! I know I promised to keep in touch and post some pictures during our Northern European cruise, but the internet on the ship kinda sucks. There's no net access in the rooms, the 'internet cafe' only runs at about 28.8 K baud, and there's a sixty-five cents per minute fee. So this is probably the only message until we get back on the sixteenth. I'll post some pictures and descriptions then if anybody's interested. Until then, we've got Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallinn (Estonia), Visby (Sweden again), Warnemunde (essentially Berlin, Germany), and Copenhagen before we head home to sunny California. Whew! (On the other hand, its been 105 degrees in Sacramento while we've been gone, but overcast and a bit rainy on the cruise, so I shouldn't complain. :D )

Anyway, ta-ta until next week!

P.S. I don't know about you folks, but I didn't realize how ubiquitous the internet has be come to me. Not only email and browsing, but not being able to 'google' any piece of information at any time is surprisingly irritating! My, how we get used to our toys.

I don't know about you folks, but I didn't realize how ubiquitous the internet has be come to me. Not only email and browsing, but not being able to 'google' any piece of information at any time is surprisingly irritating! My, how we get used to our toys.

Yes. I've been through those withdrawl symptoms before ;)

Hello from St Petersburg

Glad your having a great time. I was there two years ago and it was really a great visit. People were very helpful and I bought a lot of wood carvings and traded with the soldiers for some of their old equipment.
My other home is in Helsinki and that is a really good outdoor city. Take the bus all over. See "Stockman" as there is usually a sale. I like the area at the harbor with the berries and other foods and stuff to buy. The resturants have great "pulla" pasteries. Don't miss out on the symphonies or opera or both. Whatever is plaing, remember many are also on summer holiday. We take the ferry over to Tallinn on the weekends, (go the faster craft, its a better ride), or just go to the open air market place . Stochholm is also a great place especially if you get a chance to visit "old town". Go to the "Tivoli" in Copenhagen and do the bike ride tourist thing.
I just finished 30 years as a high school science teacher, and we are going to celebrate our 33d the end of this month back in Helsinki. Hope you have a safe and relaxed vacation. You AND your wife have worked heard for it!

Hhahahahah!!

Nice to see you post from St Petersburg, Ken! Enjoy your vacation!

Meanwhile, I'm sweating here in Chicago!

Joey ;)

Back