Hello from Bangkok

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lstanley

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Clarities a few months ago and I just discoverd this forum. Will publish some pictures sometime soon. Very happy with them. Just wondering what cables might be suggested. I know this a very subjective issue but I'd appreciate any opinions/suggestions.

Hello from Tampa Florida, USA. I've been to Thailand a couple of times and love the country, people and culture. And I've found the Thais have good taste in quality audio gear and music. I was surprised to find better audiophile stores there than most I've been to in the states. I also found plenty of CD stores with a large selection of SACD, HDCD, K2, Gold discs and XRCDs. Here I only find those via internet stores.

There has been a lot of discussion and opinions/theories/facts and experiences regarding speaker cables. You should be able to find a plethora of speaker cable threads from using the search function. However, it's been a week or two since we talked cables so maybe we're due for a fresh cable debate.

One thing most of us agree on is that room acoustics and even speaker placement have a far greater impact on audio performance than cables so my suggestion is to consider how your room interacts with the sound of your speaker. Once you have a well tuned room you'll then notice more dramatic changes between different cable types.

Welcome to the ML Club. There are a few of you on this forum from Bangkok so perhaps you may want to get together and compare notes someday! I hope to visit again.

Craig

Thanks for the welcome Craig. Bangkok is a fun place to live that's for sure. You're quite right about the availability of good hifi too. I bought a CEC 5300 CD player from the same dealer just after I bought the speakers. CEC's a Japanese brand made in China. Or maybe it's the other way around! Anyway excellent machine.

I'm not worrying too much about cables and have had a search to get some ideas. We just moved to a new place and the main thing I'm playing around with at the moment is speaker positioning as things were a bit restricted before.

Yes, I see there are a couple of other members in BKK so a get together might be good.

We have an office im Miami so I've spent some time in Florida, nice place. Long way from Bangkok though.

Les

Back