Hello from Paolo from Brussels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paoloL

Reaction score
Hello everybody and thanks for accepting me in your group. I bought a year ago a pair of second hands Ethos. I have an issue though. There is a noise coming from the lower part of the speaker either the woofer or the electronics. Please if you can listen to the file attached. That s happen only with strong bass, in general drums beats when they are one after the other. If is only one beat I do not hear any noise. For the rest the quality is good. Any idea/suggestions are very welcome
Best
Paolo

Attachments

• 20230429_174244.mp4
    48.5 MB
Im having trouble hearing what you are talking about. One thing that I did hear was a big lack of treble, higher frequencies. Did you edit the sound to take out the higher frequencies?

Im having trouble hearing what you are talking about. One thing that I did hear was a big lack of treble, higher frequencies. Did you edit the sound to take out the higher frequencies?
Thank you Robert. No I did not edit the sound but I put the microphone right in front of the woofer. I am not an expert but I guess in that position is quite normal you do not hear the treble which are driven by the stats panel above. But as I said I am not an expert. The noise I mean is the ticking or croaking you can hear in the file. Let me know if you cannot hear I can make another recording
Many thanks
Paolo

Thank you Robert. No I did not edit the sound but I put the microphone right in front of the woofer. I am not an expert but I guess in that position is quite normal you do not hear the treble which are driven by the stats panel above. But as I said I am not an expert. The noise I mean is the ticking or croaking you can hear in the file. Let me know if you cannot hear I can make another recording
Many thanks
Paolo
Ok, listening to it on my cell phone I can hear it. On my pc stereo, which has a decent Definitive subwoofer, I can't hear it. Someone here might be able to help you if they hear it. I'm afraid I don't really know.

Back