Hello from a previous Sequel II owner!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzfan

Reaction score
Hello everyone from the great Northeast! I am a dedicated Martin Logan fan. I owned a pair of Sequel II's since the early 1990s. During that time I drove them with Adcom components before upgrading to Class A, solid-state Threshold. Then I discovered the magic of tubes via Sonic Frontiers. Classical and jazz heaven arrived!

Now I am ready to upgrade. Does anyone care to make suggestions on both speakers and amplification? The Summits are tempting, but out of my price range. I'll stick with tubes, and I would love to try Cary or BAT amps. I have no problem buying pre-owned components, especially if they allow me to hear something otherwise too expensive.

Thanks!

The next best thing to Summit is Vantage at half the cost. According to the ML website, the Vantage is comparable to Summits less half an octive and a few spls. I am sure they are plenty loud though.

Don't know to much about Cary or BAT amps other than both are quality brands. I would love to hear sixpacs sometime.

Last edited:
Threshold Ascent

If you have Threshold I can tell you the Ascents sound great with that amp. Of course this will be a used market item.

Doug - out

I'll stick with tubes, and I would love to try Cary or BAT amps. I have no problem buying pre-owned components, especially if they allow me to hear something otherwise too expensive.

Thanks!

I have Summits (or I should say I should have them in a week or so - replacements), with a Sanders Sound Systems 2 channel amp and a Cary SLP-03 tubed pre amp. The Cary lists for $2,500. I have seen them on Audiogon for around $1,500. I think it's a good value for the money. Check out Cary's web site for details.

Music Again

As a Sequel II owner, I am interested in what you go with. Do an A/B test with the new gear and old, then write up the results.

~VDR

Back