Hello all from Indiana

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billydee

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here and looking for suggestions on the ML motion 60xt. What's a good avr and amps to run with these for home theater speakers. I was looking into the Marantz av8805 and hopefully some has had this experience or some exposure to this setup. Anyway, any info for the motion 60xt is appreciated. Thanks for having me in the group.

Billy, Welcome aboard !

As for the Motion 60's, I've listened to them once and was very impressed, great $$ value IMO combined with good looks ! IMO they are relatively easy drive given their sensitivity but keep in mind their nominal impedance of 4 ohms dictates that when used in a home theater setting and being driven by an AVR, it should be one with a capable output.

If your planning to use the Marantz 8805 do you plan on mating it with one of their multi-channel amps, 8077 perhaps ? Should work just fine. Myself, given the expense of such a pairing vs. that of your speakers and not knowing what else you may need I would also explore other options, so tell us more !

Back