HDMI’s 1.3 Spec Is Announced Yet Big Questions Remain.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they're rushing. They've had the Audio Codec information for over a year. They likely have that processing down. The HDMI interface has been demanded for a long time from them. They've had a card designed but were waiting for 1.3 to do it right the first time.

I hope so because we do not need another HD-XA1 which is nothing more then a paper weight to me.

From Joe’s list, the most significant for audio are the new format support and the lip synch.

Personally, I’ve been waiting to upgrade from my Meridian 568 to a G68 till such a time as Meridian fully supports the 1.3 spec.

I’m also still using a CRT PJ (Sony G70) until digitals go to laser or LED illuminators (for full off, true blacks). Although my PJ supports HDMI 1.1 through an add-in HCDP capable card, which works very well with HD-DVD and my HD-TiVo, so I can wait a year or two more.

Also, need to wait for new BD or HD-DVD players to fully support 1.3 and the wider color spaces.

The biggest advantage HDMI 1.3 will confer is the simplification of our systems. Something for which I need to start aiming for, as I’m currently at the outer edges of the complexity envelope. A single cable from sources to processor, and from processor to amps and display devices is much better than the rats-nest many of us have now.

Back