HD movies on the CHEAP!! C H E A P!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopelessDFilms

Reaction score
I may have hinted at the 'trick' to getting hd movies on the cheap before but with recent developments, its almost cheaper than buying DVD!!!

Target has just recently lowered its prices on many of big title HD movies, for example, Resident Evil -15$ Memento -15$ Swat-15$ American Psycho-15$ Into the Blue-15$

now come on, if this isn't a great deal, please tell me what is....

the previously posted trick is to go to best buy and have them price match target, since targets instore selection sucks and you wont find much at all....while best buy has almost all of it! and price matches big box retail stores and their online counterparts. :rocker:

Thanks For the Wonderful Buying Tip...

HopelessDFilms,

:D Thanks again for this great buying trick. I am definately going to impliment this technique at Best Buy, the next time I am in there... :D

It's a failure!!!! Everyone abandon ship!!!!!!!!

:p

Good question though Joey, I bet they purchased too many of some titles and need to cut down the level of overstock.

Price Drop On Amazon...

:) I couldn't resist I just ordered these on Blue-Ray:

Memento
Black Hawk Down

for $14.49 each... :D

Last edited:
Why are prices dropping?
I think that the market realities have set in: they had hoped to price HD movies at a significant premium, but the market just won't buy into that. Everyone has been trained to the DVD model where new titles hit at about $20, and within about a month or two are down to $16, then about a month later end up around $10 at Best Buy et al, and as low as $6 at Wal Mart. The only titles that can hold their prices are significantly popular movies, and frankly, Hollyweird doesn't release too many of those in any given year.

Combine that with lower than expected adoption rates of both HD formats and they have to do what's necessary to move titles. I just read an article about how the mainline retailers and TV makers are whining about the rapid price drop in HD TVs (which normally carry a significant mark-up). It's much the same problem, not many were interested at the $2k-$4k level. Visio and others came in with units at the $<1K level and the prices started coming down across the market. This is similar to the PC market in that it is becoming commoditized, meaning lower margins in general.

Is a Visio LCD as good as a Sony? No, and I own one, but... it's good enough to use as my bedroom TV and actually still looks pretty good by any normal metric, just not side by side with the pricier model. For non-videophiles, the 50% premium isn't worth it.

Stupid Sales Post my Purchases

So I will list what I have collected so far, alphabetically....

Aeon Flux
Black Hawk Down
Crank
Departed
Gone in 60 Seconds
Goodfellas
Into The Blue
Kingdom of Heaven
Punisher
Swat
Talladega Nights
Tears of the Sun
Underworld Evolution

If any of you have checked out the target/amazon sales, you'll see that many of these are on sale for either 19.99$ or even better at 14.99$ ....... sadly I purchased all of them before these great sales, although i can say that I don't believe I have paid any more than 19$ for a title. And having a PS3 I have the wonderful 10$ off coupon book for almost every production company which will net me some nice refund checks, so I may buy more.....:rocker:

so if you have a ps3 don't toss that little blue booklet!!!!

Back