Greetings fellow ML owners!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamo

Reaction score
Hello fine Gents and Ladies! I've finally made my way over to this forum. I currently own a pair of Martin logan Ascent (I upgrades) and a ML Stage center channel. I have also just purchased a pair of Odysseys, as I have heard they are a step up from my beloved Ascents. I have a quick question for everyone. What is a reasonable price for Odysseys these days? I believe I have obtained a fair price, but one never knows...
I'll post one quick pic of the Logans in action here in my theater. More to come!
Adam

DSCN1491.jpg

If anyone is interested in the platforms the MLs and Velo are sitting on, they are 2 1/2" Hard Maple with Walnut trim.
Here is a closer pic. Not sure why it looks like there are streaks on the Maple, but there aren't any.
DSCN1482.jpg

DSCN1485.jpg

It's great to finally make it over here! :rocker:

Welcome! Very nice setup. Did you make or have someone make the wooden platforms? Is the maple multiple layers to get that thickness?

Torry V.

Torry,
I did have a woodworker local to the area make the wooden platforms. I found 2 1/2" hard Maple at a wood mill here and bought the piece. Then hired the woodworker to build the platforms. The Sub Platform was built from a scrap 1" thick piece they let me have when I purchased the former. The walnut was completely unexpected. The woodworker liked the touch and added it himself. These guys really have passion for their trade, and he thought it looked better. Didn't charge me an extra dime for it either.
I couldn't complain =)

Twich,
Thanks! I'll post more as I put it back together. As you see, no amps on the two amp stands in the middle right now. I'll post pics of the component cabinet soon. I am purchasing a pair of Odysseys to replace the Ascents. I just hope there is a sonic benefit there.
Adam

Adam, nice home theater. Since my new media room is on the small side, I'm still debating going with projection or plasma. I hope to get it to look as nice as your home theater.

Thanks for the kind words on the Theater Steve. It's basically a medium size room at 13.8X24.8X8. I use a Screen Innovations 110" Theater Reference and it does a fine job. You can't tell by the pic, but there are two rows of seating, the second on a 8" riser.
I'll get some additional pics soon. I just purchased a set of Odysseys today. If all goes well, and they sound better than my ascents, I'll be sending the Ascents to a well derserving new home. They have been fantastic for me.

Ciao Adam, how nice to see you on this board! I wanted to say hello for a while now. (Have been net-lazy lately.)

When you get your XPA-2s, and write up a review for the Lounge, make sure you let this board know about it as well.

Is your speaker Odyssey over? :)

Ciao ralph e come va?

sono sto bene!

I will certainly let everyone know how they fair. I have purchased a Classe CA-201 to power them for now. Of course...that is when I get it working. It arrived DOA. But the owner, although frustrated that it doesn't work now, has been cooperative with me in trying to find the root of the problem.

In the other thread I saw that an internal connector was loose and that plugging it back in fixed the problem. Man, that must have felt good!

Very nice set up indeed. I like the wood contrast of the base stands.

Thanks C.A.P. I'll have to post some pics of the entire system once I have both Classe CA-201s in the front soundstage. I just sent the problem unit out to Canada for a good once over and to repair any issues the amp has (the right channel output is very weak when compared with the right and sounds scratchy). The quick plug fix didn't last and the amp sounded beautiful for about 2 hrs and then degraded again. There is a larger problem looming than the plug contact so I decided to get it fixed in lieu of a return for my money back. The Seller of the amp is a very respectable individual and has been very helpful throughout the ordeal.

Latest posts

Back