"Flying"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
:p I didn't think this was possible and still fly the plane?:D

Attachments

• BA at 1000 feet.jpg
    BA at 1000 feet.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 421
I think you're wrong. That's obviously the tail gunner!

Don't know about you guys, but in plain words, looks to me like the guy/girl at the nose of the plane has his/her pants down! :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Just goes to show, flying a plane is not that tough. Any old a$$hole can do it. :D :D :D

The Airplane...?

:eek: Does anyone know what kinda airplane this is in the photo? It looks like it is from WWII? :confused: :) Maybe a restored military aircraft?

Fascinating...

Yea, it is a WWII plane, but I think TheBobGoat is right on the money...
James,

It does seem to be fully restored. I saw something similar at an air show at Point Mugu 'Missle Testing' ~ Air Force Base near Camarillo years ago. :banana:
I also got to walk inside of a C5A supersonic transport plane. Those things are incredibly huge. It is amazing just what the C5A can carry... :wow:

Attachments

• C5A Supersonic Transport Plane.jpg
    C5A Supersonic Transport Plane.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 112
Robin, just a couple of things
the C-5 may be superhuge, but not supersonic

we still make airplanes with props - but i dont think radials are made on a large scale anymore

any airline you see with a prop has a jet engine inside of the cowling that is connected to a prop through gearing. they are more efficient at low altitudes.

Amazing...

Robin, just a couple of things
the C-5 may be superhuge, but not supersonic

we still make airplanes with props - but i dont think radials are made on a large scale anymore

any airline you see with a prop has a jet engine inside of the cowling that is connected to a prop through gearing. they are more efficient at low altitudes.
TheBobGoat,

I did not know that the military still made prop engines and they are jet powered, interesting stuff..:D

:) Do you fly or have you flown the C5 or do you fly something bigger?

I fly the C-17 which is a mix in capability between the C-130 and the C-5

it is in the middle of those two as far as size. It is the newest airlift plane in the Air Force - http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=86

Now I'm getting a bad dose of envy. My C172 and PA28 don't quite compare, even though they're starting to earn me a little extra income now.

Cheers,

David

David - I wish I had either of those. It is nice to fly a plane like mine, but it is still simply going to work.

Another Beautiful Looking Airplane...

:wow: IMHO, Lockheed's SR-71 Blackbird is really cool looking. Marta Bohn Meyer flew one of these... :D I don't think they make these anymore. I know it could fly faster than most missles. Apparently, the SR-71 could just out-run most missles... ;)

Attachments

• Martha Bohn Meyer and the SR-71 Blackbird.jpg
    Martha Bohn Meyer and the SR-71 Blackbird.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Lockheeds SR-71.jpg
    Lockheeds SR-71.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 113
probably don't want to fire a heat-seeking missile from the SR-71 as you're faster than the missile and it'll come back to target u.

just totally made that up.

Latest posts

Back