Finally finished My New Audio Rack

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risabet

Reaction score
I finally finished my new rack, Solid cherry with mortise and tenon joints. The old one had the look of an audio store, the new one is better in a living room. The amps are on separate maple and plywood laminated stands on HVAC isolators on the floor but within the frame of the rack. The middle shelf is 3/4" Baltic birch ply edged with 1" solid cherry and is very rigid yet not too heavy.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 197
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Looks good, much cleaner appearance.
Can you post a couple of closer pics so we can see more detail of what it looks like.

Sure. It didn't take the kids long to ding it so some touch up is in order. As usual!

Attachments

• detail.jpg
    detail.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 191
  • Detail2.jpg
    Detail2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 191
Great Job! The fit and finish of your new audio rack is top notch. Whatcha makin' next?:D

Glen

I thought his name was Richard :confused:

Richard, I notice that you have your Linn on a solid-looking table. I thought Linns worked best on rickety tables.

It's Robert. The stand was designed by AudioTech specifically for the Linn. It is really light and stiff. The shelf is a solid cherry top that replaced a laminated formica one for a tighter and warmer sound.

Robert, it looks very very nice. Do you have any acoustical treatments?

Yeah, furniture, books, albums and my 4 yos toys. It is a living room and we live in it. If I ever get a dedicated room I will definitely treat it.

Beautiful work!

Kids do tend to give "character" to our furniture don't they?! My oldest kids are 27 and we still have a coffee table that they cut their teeth on and rolled hot wheel cars across it. And of course the ever popular Barbie high heel shoes that would pierce armour plating banged into the top.

Gordon

Latest posts

Back