ETC Spike Price?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPD

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but if I like at the ML online store, it says it's $50 for ETC Spikes.

Is that $50 per spike, i.e. $200 per speaker?

Or is that like for a pack of 4?

I would assume its for 4 spikes, but you can email them and ask.

Are you serious about that price?

Is it just me or is $200 a little overboard for speaker spikes?$25 for each spike is absurd.They probably get them for less than a quarter of that.I am solely looking at it as a cost to build ratio.:eek:

Is it just me or is $200 a little overboard for speaker spikes?$25 for each spike is absurd.They probably get them for less than a quarter of that.I am solely looking at it as a cost to build ratio.:eek:

I think you need to look at the actual construction and adjustability of the spikes first. There are multiple machined components involved that allow you to both couple the spike quite effectively to the speaker and still be able to adjust rake angle.

I've also weighed in on this issue here....http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=6764

Attachments

• spike_vista_vantage.jpg
    spike_vista_vantage.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
I think you need to look at the actual construction and adjustability of the spikes first. There are multiple machined components involved that allow you to both couple the spike quite effectively to the speaker and still be able to adjust rake angle.

I've also weighed in on this issue here....http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=6764

Agreed 100% with Mitt, besides the money involved, the benefits in over all sound is super!!! You will get better 3 dimensional, better stage, better resolution with the right size of the instrument(s) and vocal(s). Will take off a lot of speaker bad bass resonance, making less one bass note!!...easer to adjust the height to the speakers and to your room sound preferences...you have to spike your ML!, happy listening,
Roberto.

Why are they not shipped with all speakers?

I do not understand why these are not standard issue with every speaker they sell.If the sound is improved by a vast margin,they should only use these spikes.Would you have to pay the $200 to get these on the $20,000 CLX speakers?Hopefully someone knows,I am only curious.:music:

Spikes came with my Aeon I, but I am a bit lazy, so after putting them on, and adjusting them for an hour, and putting floor protector discs under I went to work. When I came home my wife had been vacuum cleaning, and moved the speakers out of the way......I took the spikes off the speakers and now I have "priceless" holes in my Merbau flooring!

You should know that there are a few different spike designs and I've seen the term "ETC" used for more than one kind.

I've always received spikes with the different speaker models I've bought new. The ETC spikes are an upgrade option for some speakers.

The ML spikes are well made and there are other aftermarket options for a lesser price but it's nice to have the adjustable heavy spikes.

Back