Emotiva Power Amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kicks2

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new power amp and have been researching Emotiva, who is a ML forum sponsor. I am looking at the XPA -2 & XPA-3 power amps. Can anyone provide some first hand feedback on your experience with them? There quality, sound and overall characteristics, etc. Or possibly someone knows an owner of an Emotiva power amp which you may have heard. I have researched the web and Emotiva’s forum for reviews, but trust the feedback of the members of this Martin Logan forum. I would appreicate any feedback you can provide.

Thank You
Kicks2

I have the XPA-5 which has all the same specs as the XPA-3 but with 2 extra channels. It drives my Ascent i's well. I had a Sunfire Cinema 7 previously and auditioned the Emotiva to compare. The differences between the 2 were minimal, so I sold the Sunfire for a little profit. I'd like to upgrade to XPA-1s for my mains, but I have to find room for them. The XPA-5 has plenty of power and a tough build quality. Compared to the Sunfire, it sounded very similar, but like you were listening from a different spot in the audience. My only complaint is that there are no locks on the XLR connectors on the back, just push-in.

Latest posts

Back