Does ML only accept spade connector?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiorichard

Reaction score
Hi, I have a speaker cable comes with banana end for both sides. Seems like ML only accept spade, am I right? I try and try, it does not work. If I am going to buy a new cable with spade, what size of spade should I get? Looks like spade can come with different sizes.
thx

my aeon i's accepted the banana ends from the Transparent Audio bi-wires although it wasn't a perfect fit...but they did fit.

What speakers are you referring to? All ML speakers I have seen accept banana plugs.

Hi, I have a speaker cable comes with banana end for both sides. Seems like ML only accept spade, am I right? I try and try, it does not work. If I am going to buy a new cable with spade, what size of spade should I get? Looks like spade can come with different sizes.
thx

There may be a small plug in each port that needs to be removed for the banana's to fit.

Typical bananas will fit. Recently I bought a pair of speaker cables with atypical locking bananas which will not go in. Those locking bananas have been spread out previously, I think. Surely they will go in if I use a bit of spit and tong; to compress them.

My ML model is Vantages. Can any Vantage owner confirm that they can use banana connector on their speaker? I tried, looks like the connector does not fit in it.

Can you post pictures of the speaker binding posts and the banana connectors? That might help.

Can you post pictures of the speaker binding posts and the banana connectors? That might help.

ML has been using the same binding posts for their electrostatic line for about 10 years with NO change. Bananas fit.

ML has been using the same binding posts for their electrostatic line for about 10 years with NO change. Bananas fit.

If he bought the speakers used, there is chance someone replaced the binding posts. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back