Depth I powercord, upgrade possible ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
My depth I powercords from the factory only have 2 prong connections on both ends. I take it then it is impossible to do a powercord upgrade.

Do the latest ML subs still use this spindly powercord with the 2 prongs on both ends ?

Hi Moon, I have Depth I subs in my listening room and use Shunyata Venom PC's on them. The grounded cables worked no problem.

For you piece of mind, take any PC from your other equipment and try it to be sure. I'm sure it will fit.

I changed mine as I didn't like the wimpy look but I can't really say it made a difference in performance. YMMV

Keep in mind that while you can use a 3 conductor cord, the Depth I connection still only has 2 conductors. My Vistas are the same, only 2 conductors on the IEC socket.

The ground wire on a 3 wire cord can still have an impact depending on its construction which can lead to having some amount of shielding. Again, it all depends on its construction.

Latest posts

Back