Concert review (Godsmack, Social D, Operator, etc)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
As always, Godsmack put on an insane show! 3rd time they have toured here, and third time I have seen them. Those guys just know how to rock! And they are top notch. No mistakes...always on the same page in the music...great band...great music...great concert.

It was my first Social Distortion show, and although, I have always found their music fun to listen too, I have never really been a follower....but they put on an awesome show.....which makes sense...they have been doing it for a long long time.

Operator is a new band that has a good sound. THe singer sound like Chris Cornell on steroids. :)

Evans Blue also played but I wasnt too impressed. They sound like early Chevelle.

All in all, it was a great night and a damn fine show put on by a relatively small radio station in a relatively small market for big ticket concerts (Idaho). But Godsmack loves it here, and I love it when they come here! Their acoustic show a couple years back was really cool. :rocker:

I second that about the Godsmack show. I have seen them twice now and both shows sounded great. The first one was a 15 song set of acoustic material at a small club. This most recent time was at a larger theater which was great for the plugged in stuff. They are actually a pretty versatile rock band and they put on a great show. It's always a bummer when you go to a rock show and you can tell that the records are VERY produced in the studio but that is not the case with these guys. They do have some skills. :rocker:

Yeah, the first time I saw Godsmack, they opened for Metallica! How sweet is that combo? Then a few months later, they came and did the acoustic set here. That was very awesome...the singer from dropbox dropped in for a song or 2....they sang some famous blues song I cant remember the name of...that guy can SING (the Dropbox guy)....and Godsmack's bass player did some really trick 2 handed slap stuff that was cool....

But yeah...I agree...a lot of bands suck live....they make mistakes, cant sing very well....etc.etc.....but not GOdsmack....they really are amazing....also since Hetfield is sober, they really put on solid shows too...not like the old days...hehe

Latest posts

Back