clsIIz panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could tell me if panels are still available and what they paid. I have two pair. In addition, I have two pair of panels that were replaced. If I were to ship the used panels to ML, does that help pricing or time lag?

Thanks in advance for your help.

In addition, does anyone have a single clsIIz speaker? I want to replace my center channel Theater.

Attachments

• DSCN8883.jpg
    DSCN8883.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 231
Hello,
I believe the price for CLS Panels are 1500 Dollars a pair. They fairly recently had a rather large price increase on all replacement Panels.
Very nice setup.
Cheers,
JJ

Actually the price increase went into effect around the first of 2009. I think I bought the last pair at the old price of $890.00. That's what Jim told me anyway. :p

The current price is $1500 plus shipping and I don't think they will do anything with your old panels...trade-in or fix them. You need to buy a new pair.

Hello,
Raygunn, when did you purchase yours? I am 97% sure that is the new price for the CLS Panels. I sure hope I am wrong.
Cheers,
JJ

What do they do with the old ones?

you don't send the old panels to ML, you keep them. the question is what do YOU do with the old panels.

A month or so ago I asked in a thread (in which ML was reading and contributing) if sending in old panels to be rebuilt would affect the price of new panels or prolong the availability of replacement panels.

actually, i seem to remember the point being asked more than once in the thread.

ML said nothing to the point, so we can only gather from the silence that ML has no interest at all in rebuilding panels.

I really appreciate the messages. I was concerned with approaching Martin Logan now that I read Jim is retired. I was reluctant. I correctly thought that this forum would set me straight. Thank you everyone who posted!

I purchased my speakers used and as a matter of course, I ordered new panels. I bet that my old four were pretty good. Other than bending them back into the frames and playing them, is there a way to test the used panels?

I'm sticking the oldest four into the shower this weekend. I guess I have nothing to lose as they have no value. I remember reading that a periodic cleaning helps return the dynamics and detail. I am not sure if I lost any dynamics or detail, but reading the many good posts on this forum, I am considering checking on my panels.

Regards

Duke

you don't send the old panels to ML, you keep them. the question is what do YOU do with the old panels.

A month or so ago I asked in a thread (in which ML was reading and contributing) if sending in old panels to be rebuilt would affect the price of new panels or prolong the availability of replacement panels.

actually, i seem to remember the point being asked more than once in the thread.

ML said nothing to the point, so we can only gather from the silence that ML has no interest at all in rebuilding panels.

It was dumb question. I have a set of "retired" Quest panels in my attic.:duh:

It was dumb question. I have a set of "retired" Quest panels in my attic.:duh:

i don't either (yours or mine :) ) was a dumb question.

i want to know why ML doesn't rebuild panels from old ones as the stators are probably in good shape - it's the mylar and tapes that die.

you - making the fair assumption that ML takes in the old panels - wondered what they do with them as they rebuild them into new.

problem is ML has no intention or desire to rebuild old panels into new. none. at all. but it would have been nice if the shiny new marketing director person had said that in the threads they were monitoring to keep us assured that all was well.

Back