Center channel for Montages

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notasuv

Reaction score
Looking for a center that will go with a pair of montages...yes yes the lowly montages..ones gotta start somewhere....running them with a denon 3806..a they replaced a pair of 1983 polk sda 1's..i have been steered towards the NHT classic 3 which is not carried in my area so hard to take a listen to...using a DIY 15inch DaytonTitanic sub...which for a low price does rock the house...kind on a budget as most of the spare $$$$$ goes towards my other addicition... Jeeps..
Thanks all ,have enjoyed reading past posts and trying to gain knowledge..
Wishing all a Happy and Safe Holidays

John

Looking for a center that will go with a pair of montages...yes yes the lowly montages..ones gotta start somewhere....running them with a denon 3806..a they replaced a pair of 1983 polk sda 1's..i have been steered towards the NHT classic 3 which is not carried in my area so hard to take a listen to...using a DIY 15inch DaytonTitanic sub...which for a low price does rock the house...kind on a budget as most of the spare $$$$$ goes towards my other addicition... Jeeps..
Thanks all ,have enjoyed reading past posts and trying to gain knowledge..
Wishing all a Happy and Safe Holidays

John

Hola John and welcome. I like very much the sound of ATF tech. and the Vignettes have the same mid-tweeter than your Montage. I think that this will match very nice and blend super good as a center with the overall sound...I think that the price for one Vignette is around $ 650.00 new. Listen to them, they do a great job with voices. Happy listening,
Roberto.

funny we have same receiver and speakers

I too, am looking, but for a sub,
the bass is lacking, I was spoiled with 15 year old timewindows that much superior bass response than the montage
can you tell me how you like your sub? and how come you didn't go with the dynamo?
thanks
rob

check partsexpress

i bought a diy Dayton titanic sub kit..from parts express,nice site to surf...you assemble..very very easy...lots of writeups on them...fantastic price...i think it sounds as good as those over a grand....i have already built and resold 2 to a few friends at a small profit ;)

Back