Best Bang For the Buck amplifiers and a few tweak TIPS.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallas21

Reaction score
I have been in Audio for over 30 years and have spent more than a good home on electronics .I have gone from super expensive to now knowing what I am looking for and looking for Gems at a good price the Emotiva Xpa 1 mono blocks at 500wpc-1,000 into a 4ohms load and the XPA-2 which is 300wpc ,and over 500 at 4ohms.these are $2k for the Monos and $800 for the stero amp over 75lbs each.Like any amp the 1st way to improve
it is to get rid of the Cheap 25 cent Steel Fuses and put in the Hifi tuning Silver star or their best Supremes .This is a fact the ratio of resistance for steel vs Silver is 8-1
put that is perspective it is a Huge bottle neck.I have used these fuses for years and many reviews back up my statement. In the Emotiva 2 it has 7 The 2 when you turn the unit on it's side are the Main ones 20mm 10A slow blow , these will make the biggest difference .Myself I replaced all 7 and $300 later .This with a good power cord Transformed this amplifier by a minimum of 15% it now is as good as any $3000 unit
the monoblocks betters most $5k models.for the MOney$$ the New Shunyata Venom 3
is the best $300 power cord that only sells for $99 all their products are Very good.

Where did you fine these fuses? I am interested but that Hifi Tuning website is mostly in German and I cant find anything on it.

Back