Audiophiles and Ikea Chairs?!?...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Classified Forum Moderator
Reaction score
What's up with audio fans and Ikea Poäng chairs?

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...1&categoryId=15941&chosenPartNumber=S79805468

I've seen more of these chairs in high-end dealer's listening rooms (and private listening rooms too) than just about any other type of furniture.

Heck, I'll admit, I have two myself. They ARE very comfy and reasonably priced, and when coupled with the footstool, they make a near-ideal listening chair (except for MLs they can sit a little low to get the "sweet spot"--I actually biult a platform in my old pace to set it up on...)

Anyone else here have one?

--Richard C.

My wife was looking at those chairs the other day as she wanted another chair in the living room (Ikea Spain). It didn't even cross my mind that they where used as listening chairs but now you mention it I have seen them in many of the audio stores. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
how about one of these ?

Attachments

• GetFurniturePic-1 copy.jpg
    GetFurniturePic-1 copy.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,225
What's up with audio fans and Ikea Poäng chairs?

(...)

Anyone else here have one?

--Richard C.
Hi Dreamer,

I have two very similar Ikea Poem chairs and one footstool. My understanding is that the Poäng replaced the Poem in the Ikea catalog many years ago.

They are very comfortable and, with the back of the chair being at a lower level than the ears, quite nice for music listening, that is if you don't fall asleep... :D

Happy listening !

I've got this bulky lazy-boy for a listening chair. Quite honestly, I hate the thing. The leather is stiff and its all I can do just to stay on it without sliding off. In the summer it can be hot and sticky, in the winter it can be ice-cold.. The only thing I like about it is that if I get tired, I can curl up and sleep in it.

Hmm that Ikea looks pretty cost effective.. hmm..

Definite, yes. It may be easy to sink down into these chairs, but it is nigh impossible to get out of them again. Sit, relax, listen, drift away, never get up. :p

I've been always wanting to get a nice chair... but since I havent graduated and moved my setup out of my bedroom, I have put that plan on backburner. BUT, I do like the Lugano chairs.... saweeet!

Joey :D

My only requirement is that the chair is comfotable enough that I can sit in it for hour upon hour of listening bliss!

I have a brown leather Poang. I haven't spent any time in it. It's there for extra seating.

Latest posts

Back