ATS Acoustic Panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboomnash

Reaction score
Thinking of adding ATS acoustic panels (2"x24"x48") behind my Vantages. Before I pull the trigger I was hoping for some thumbs up or thumbs down reviews.
How is the covering material, appears to be similiar to burlap?

Thanks, Lee

I have purchased quite a few panels from ATS and they are well made and made my room very listenable from bare walls I had! The cover material is burlap like, plus they are fairly affordable! Included a recent pic of my panels.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 7,997
Thinking of adding ATS acoustic panels (2"x24"x48") behind my Vantages. Before I pull the trigger I was hoping for some thumbs up or thumbs down reviews.
How is the covering material, appears to be similiar to burlap?

Thanks, Lee

Hello Lee, I really like the ATS panels and believe they are very good quality. Especially for the price. You can click on my system link below and look at the ATS panels hanging on my wall as well. If you do a search you will see where others have talked about them, but I can't remember if there were any reviews or not. In the corners of my room there are GIK bass panels; to me they are better at absorbing the bass since they are thicker than ATS's 4" version. Just remember, if you are going to put up some for bass absorption then you will need their 4" thick panel without the wooden backing. If you don't specify then they will come with a wood back and this will not absorb the lower intended frequencies. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well they look and perform. If you want more options than what they offer, then give GIK a look. They too have excellent quality products at a good price. Glenn is easy to talk too and can give you good advice if you send him a diagram/picture of your room. BTW, you will be totally amazed at how much better your system will sound with proper room treatments. Just ask JonFo, I think he has a couple of room treatments somewhere hanging on his wall.:D.

Glen

Last edited:
I have purchased quite a few panels from ATS and they are well made and made my room very listenable from bare walls I had! The cover material is burlap like, plus they are fairly affordable! Included a recent pic of my panels.

WOW!!! That's a very nice and neat setup. Looks like you spent a lot of time getting it just right. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Lee,

Installed nine (9) in my living / listening room. Seven (7) in back of the speaker and two (2) on the side walls.

Very audible in a positive way. Great value from a price / point perspective and reasonably attractive.

Highly recommended.

GG

Excellent replies, thank you! I think I will go with two of the 2"x24"x48" panels right behind the Vantages and go from there.
My side wall locations are very limited due to a large picture window and the opening into the dining room.
I am sure even two panels will be noticeable.
Thank you again.

Lee

Back