At last, I am a Martin Logan owner, too.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffmcmahan

Reaction score
I got my Source towers (along with a Pioneer Elite (VSX-01TXH) receiver) just recently. After months and months of listening to Vienna Mozarts and Martin Logan Sources/Puritys, I decided I should go with the MLs.

I suppose my HiFi is sort of a toy compared to the some of the systems I've seen here, but I had to start somewhere.

I don't know if its customary to say something about oneself in these newbie posts, but I am the type. I am a full time student at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, and I work full time for MHT. I have a wife and a 14-month old daughter. Now you know me.

Attachments

• Source-towers.jpg
    Source-towers.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 01-Receiver.jpg
    01-Receiver.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 243
Welcome, Jeff,

You should go to the "Member Systems" section and post your system there. Read the guidelines first.

Have fun here ! :music:

Nice clean system Jeff,

Check out the Greatest burger thread in the off topic. there are a few ML owners meeting at Akfest this weekend in Livonia We would like to have you along.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Everyone is so downright neighborly.

You should go to the "Member Systems" section and post your system there.

I was going to hold off on that until I take some better photos. In a few days I'll do the Logans a little more justice.

...There are a few ML owners meeting at Akfest this weekend in Livonia We would like to have you along.

I work Saturday mornings, sadly. Thanks for the invite, though.

I don't know if its customary to say something about oneself in these newbie posts, but I am the type. I am a full time student at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, and I work full time for MHT. I have a wife and a 14-month old daughter. Now you know me.

and you still have time for some good musical fun what a guy! welcome to the club.
glad to hear you went the way you did. so after much listening what sold you I understand the looks but what about the sound what was it that made you go towards the Logans ???

...so after much listening what sold you I understand the looks but what about the sound what was it that made you go towards the Logans ???

I suppose I prefer a brighter, more analytical speaker with a relaxed receiver as opposed to the reverse. Mozarts are really nice, of course, but they tend to sound a little bit too warm for my taste. I just love the headphone-like resolution of MLs--it's like a great pair of headphones with the added wonder of imaging.

The Puritys didn't do anything for me that the Sources couldn't do with a decent front end. Now, I don't have a decent front end right now, but when I get one, I will be happy to be able to fiddle with different power amps and so forth. If I had Puritys, some of that flexibility is lost. Thus... Source towers.

Wow, look at how the Michigan representation on this board has grown over the years !! Nice looking system, Jeff. I suggest that you take a few more action shots and post it up in member systems also.

~VDR

Back