Anyone recognize these stands?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tj Bassi

Reaction score
Cool stands....I believe this was a photo from RMAF, but cant identify the make. Anyone recognize the mfr?

Its either these, or the new GX4/GR4 racks from Adona. I've never cared much for the 'industrial' look of audio racks made from structural aluminum members, but their latest racks made from round tubing look neat.

Then theres Audiav...saw one at a local gathering. Nice looks but $$$$$.

Tj

Attachments

• coolstands.jpg
    coolstands.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 141
Cool stands....I believe this was a photo from RMAF, but cant identify the make. Anyone recognize the mfr?

Its either these, or the new GX4/GR4 racks from Adona. I've never cared much for the 'industrial' look of audio racks made from structural aluminum members, but their latest racks made from round tubing look neat.

Then theres Audiav...saw one at a local gathering. Nice looks but $$$$$.

Tj

I've seen these before, but I'm struggling to remember the company name......I think I might blame it on the beer from last night.

Last edited:
I've seen these before, but I'm struggling to remember the company name......I think I might blame it on the beer from last night.

For some reason I thought you were a Scotch kinda guy.......

Tj

For some reason I thought you were a Scotch kinda guy.......

Tj

I can't drink that stuff....makes me worthless after....:D

Still can't recall the company name....Knowing me I'll probably remember a few weeks from now after waking from some audio nightmare (like my kids poking holes in my panels).

Last edited:
I should have looked a little bit further.

Here it is; the SolidTech Solo. Audio Advisor is still the place to get them and they are $995.00 each for this 4 shelf version. I didn't see a 3 shelf version like the ones above, but they also have a 5 shelf version for $1195.00.

I prefer the version above personally. I like the fact that it doesn't have any shelves that might resonate and I love the open look.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SOSO4

Attachments

• SolidTechSolo.jpg
    SolidTechSolo.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Yup, thats the one. The open frame unit does seem to have a bit more appeal, looks sturdy.

I've had my current set of racks for ~10 years, so its time for something new.

Tj

Well... you could go DIY and make something like this - but you need to find some nice drift wood!

Soon this'll have a 120 x 120cm piece of glass on it, and it'll look cool. But wouldn't it be great holding a few bits of hifi? I think so...

Gratuitous pic really, but it's such a nice piece of wood I thought I'd post and share it. Hopefully it'll fire the imaginations of some of you!

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 83
I should have looked a little bit further.

Here it is; the SolidTech Solo. Audio Advisor is still the place to get them and they are $995.00 each for this 4 shelf version. I didn't see a 3 shelf version like the ones above, but they also have a 5 shelf version for $1195.00.

I prefer the version above personally. I like the fact that it doesn't have any shelves that might resonate and I love the open look.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SOSO4

That's it. I used to paruse Audio Advisor all the time a while back. Haven't been to their site in quite some time. I knew I had seen that rack somewhere.

The above mentioned 'Rack of Silence' seems to have quite a few neat features and options, which unfortunately are not discussed in detail even on the mfr's website.

The stainless-steel ball footers seem like ideal isolation in theory, but I wonder how securely they hold a component; surely they cannot be adjustable enough to register with the feet on most components.....but if they dont, what keeps the component constrained to the 'shelf'?

Tj

Latest posts

Back