Anyone from the Washington DC area go to Strathmore last weekend?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB300

Reaction score
Anyone attend the NSO presentation of "Scheherazade" and "Saint-Saens Symphone #3 - Organ"?

Dan, Saw Philly Orchestra perform Rimsky-Korskov's Scheherazade last year if that counts ?? !! I trust the NSO performance this past weekend was superb.

Last edited:
Scheherazade...

DTB300 said:
Anyone attend the NSO presentation of "Scheherazade" and "Saint-Saens Symphone #3 - Organ"?
Dan,

It's times like this I wish I was super rich, like J.K. Rowling, so I could just get in my Leer G5 Jet, and fly to the NSO and see "Scheherazade" and "Saint-Saens Symphone #3 - Organ" wonderful classical presentations live and in person... :D But then, I probably would never want to leave my incredible, "money-is-no-object" HT system, if I was super rich... No, I would still want to go see the live performance anyway... :p ;) :D

twich54 said:
Dan, Saw Philly Orchestra perform Rimsky-Korskov's Scheherazade last year if that counts ?? !! I trust the NSO performance this past weekend was superb.
I have the RCA LS versions of Schaherazade and Saint-Saen's, and the NSO versions that night was so close it was scary. The acoustics at the Strathmore is superb and I highly recommend anyone in this area to attend a show there at the Music Center. The stand alone organ used for Symphony #3 filled this great music hall amazingly.

Everyone needs to go out and hear live music to get reference points for what real music should sound like.

Dan

Latest posts

Back