Ruminations on new analog & digital sources (VPI, Dynavector, Ayre vs. Berkeley DAC)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think when one get's it right, you will find it hard to swap an album or Cd.

Not for this 'ole fart......... besides changing out the tunes is a good reason to pour another drink !!

Pictures have been uploaded in the main post at the start of this thread, with some additional under my system's link...

Kind of a bad place for Recording Tape, on top of a power amp with a big transformer, don't you think?

:)

Kind of a bad place for Recording Tape, on top of a power amp with a big transformer, don't you think?

:)

Actually that's the transport and the tapes are blank (and still sealed, also 80's vitage) :D - yes, I have a bunch of those too which I use to record the BSO live on Saturday nights over the radio...

Last edited:
My very first LP which got me into the high end

and something I heard again for the first time after over 25 years... Notice the Special Thanks in the credits... It sounded so pure back then and so stunning now. Wow.

Attachments

• IMG_0599-2.jpg
    IMG_0599-2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0596-2.jpg
    IMG_0596-2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 208
My sense guys, FWIW, is that the quality of the listening experience, assuming capable hardware on the digital and / or analogue side, is dependant on the quality of the cd or record.

GG

My sense guys, FWIW, is that the quality of the listening experience, assuming capable hardware on the digital and / or analogue side, is dependant on the quality of the cd or record.

GG

great point... read a quote this weekend 'Good software always beats good hardware'.... I think that is true.... by the way - go back an look at the updated pics at the beginning of the thread per specral.... very schwweeet......

naah.

One pretty much needs the other. Mediocre software on an awesome system sounds mediocre and vice versa.

GG

Only in the sense of sound as opposed to music. Some of my greatest listening experiences have been to historical recordings that in no way, shape, or form are good recordings, yet the emotion of the performer comes through loud and clear.

Some of my greatest listening experiences have been to historical recordings that in no way, shape, or form are good recordings, yet the emotion of the performer comes through loud and clear.

Well put Robert and thus at times I have to stop myself from playing only my 'best' recorded pieces, I'm sure I'm not the only who has fallen into this trap !

Back