Any Hope of an Update to the Serial Number Decoder ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeji

Reaction score
I am presently looking at second-hands ML, using for checking purpose the decoder posted on the forum, which is great; but it stops about 10 years ago.
Could anybody post an update ?
I recently sent a message to ML Support with a S/N supposed to be for a Montis (MTWJ 410), but got no answer…
The manufacturing date, according to the old S/N decoder, is compatible thou : October 2011.

My guess is that you've figured out the correct date. ML will get back to you. They've always answered my inquiries within a few days in normal times, so I'd multiply that a few times.

The date code worked for my Vista pair from around the same manufactured date as yours. ML confirmed mine were made in Feb. of 2012. The serial numbers started with VIXB which decodes to 2012/February if you extrapolate on the decoder. X=2012.

The serial number system for current speakers is way different. They start with 3 letters, then 7 numerals, then the date code is a single letter and two digit number. In my case it's L01 denoting 2019/January. Extrapolating backwards gets A=2008, so I can't make any sense out of this.

Back