Another new M-L owner (and board newbie) here

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ex Lion Tamer

Reaction score
So happy I stumbled upon this place. My first pair of Martin-Logan's arrived about three weeks ago - a gorgeous pair of Vantage's - and I've been having a lot of fun getting to know them since. After initial break-in I was a little disappointed by the bass response I was getting. I've since moved them from a long-wall set-up to a short-wall set-up and things are continuing to improve. My room is rather large - about 22' X 17' X 7.5' - so a sub may ultimately be needed.

I'm going to try to post some pictures of my set-up and my (modest) equipment list tonight - but in the meantime, if anyone has some general set-up tips - not found in the owners manual - it would be great to receive them. One thing I have noticed is M-L setups tend to have a narrow spread between the speakers; is that a generally advisable way to set them up? (Mine are currently about 7' apart, center to center and my center image is pretty rock solid). I currently have no room treatment, except for record shelves on the side walls.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back