Amplifiers for CLX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
Hi Folks. Are any of you using or had experience of using Sim Audio, Bryston 28SST3 or Hegel H30 with the CLX Thanks for any input.

Hi Folks. Are any of you using or had experience of using Sim Audio, Bryston 28SST3 or Hegel H30 with the CLX Thanks for any input.

No I have not but have heard them with McIntosh 601's, I have had Parasound JC1's and currently Bricasti M28's all are a good match.

I have the CLX. Works well with McIntosh Amps. Not sure about the others.

I've listen to CLX's with Spectral and PASS, both were superb..........

Hola. I love my Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE. It just drives my CLXs as never before. I do love Conrad Johnson gear.
Happy listening!

I have an Electrocompaniet EC4.8 preamp feeding a pair of Electrocompaniet AW180 ��

What is of paramount importance is the proper "gain structure" between all the inter-connected components, the size of the room and its overloading characteristics and the type of music you play.

I use a Pass Labs XA30.8 with a dedicated Leben tube linestage with both fixed and variable gain ( I chose this amplifier amongst seven others, directly auditioned at home ). I must disclose ( without naming ) that two much more "powerful" amplifiers, cut out during these auditions. By the way, the XA30.8 was audibly\ sonically superior to the Pass Labs 30.5 amplifier in every applied parameter.

The XA30.8 never transitions into Class AB, even at peak levels of 107 dBs, C weighted, Fast, at 3 metres. Obviously, it is able to supply sufficient current to meet the CLX's impedance\ load requirements.

Cheers from Melbourne and be well.

PS: For all practical purposes, I am a new member! Kostas.

Sanders ESL Mark 2 power amp.

Perhaps if I am not mistaken the least expensive amp that does a very good job of driving low impedance speakers. Designed to drive electrostatic panels that offer a capacitive load.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back