Aeon I vs. Electromotion

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krell101

Reaction score
My friend is selling his ML AeonI for $1000. My big debate is whether I should get
the new Electromotion for $600 more or the Aeon I.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

IMHO, $1000 for a pair of Aeoni, (as long as they are in excellent to mint condition), is a fantastic buy. You should have no problem selling them later, if you upgrade to another ML speaker.

Hello,
If they were in Mint Condition, I would jump on the Aeons as the Panel to Woofer transition is a decent bit lower and the Aeons were Made in America. If you could get your friend to drop the price $250 Dollars to split the difference on a new pair of Panels, I would do that as well.

While the EM-ESL is an awesome addition to the current lineup, I do prefer the Aeons. Regardless, either will be great.
Cheers,
JJ

I've owned my Aeon's since 2003 and love'em. To me, the previous generation Aeon's, that were built in Kansas, are much more desirable than the current Electromotions. That is if the Aeon's were well maintained and in near perfect working order.

It appears you live in a hot/humid environment, like I do, I'd be concerned about the panels being stored in a hot/humid garage. But if one of the panels has a puncture, it will need to be replaced anyway. Like JJ posted above, ask your buddy if he is willing to drop the price by $250, due to a damaged panel(s). If he does, then jump on the deal.

What condition are the woofers and cabinet in?

In reference to the picture below, linked from this post...

http://www.martinloganowners.com/fo...tin-Logan-Aeon&p=120728&viewfull=1#post120728

6054367132_355100fd8a_o.jpg

I just took a detailed look at my 8 year old Aeon's, my panels don't have as dark of spots, but I have spots on the mylar where each and every hole in the stator panel is. I believe this to be normal, as my panels still sing beautifully. My Aeon's have spent their existence in my 73*F upstairs media room. They have weathered two hurricanes though, Rita and Ike, which is the only time they saw higher temperatures in my house.

Redraider that is what I saw on the panels there were spots in every hole. I called martin Logan and they told me its not normal and there should be no spot. I looked at my ML QuestZ and did not see any spots.

In reference to the picture below, linked from this post...

http://www.martinloganowners.com/fo...tin-Logan-Aeon&p=120728&viewfull=1#post120728

6054367132_355100fd8a_o.jpg

I just took a detailed look at my 8 year old Aeon's, my panels don't have as dark of spots, but I have spots on the mylar where each and every hole in the stator panel is. I believe this to be normal, as my panels still sing beautifully. My Aeon's have spent their existence in my 73*F upstairs media room. They have weathered two hurricanes though, Rita and Ike, which is the only time they saw higher temperatures in my house.

Then I guess this will be my excuse for buying some clear spar panels soon :)

I can tell you, that my Aeon's have little clear spots on the mylar, at the locations shown above and they still sing beautifully. My right Aeon actually has some of the darker spots on it. It is probably something to do with the age of the panels. At any rate, like I stated, my Aeon's still sound good.

Latest posts

Back