A few "NEW" friends sat in tonight !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Well lets just say that these guys just kind of showed up and sat right down. They are the kind of guest that show up and your amazed at their persona. They are the kind of individuals that have great tone and eloquence. They have natural beauty and charisma!

These thigs are Fritz Carbon 7 2 way monitors. http://www.fritzspeakers.com/Carbon 7.asp

How I became friends with These and Mr Fritz is a long and short story. However this I can tell you. I have heard MANY cones and these rival the best 2 ways I have ever heard. The mid range is the same used in the Wilsons. The Seas Tweeter is silky smooth. These things can sing and play. Bass is 39 hz and tight as hell. I always wanted a great 2 way monitor to sit in time to time. These are rosewood with a hand rubbed oil finish.

These can fill the room from side to side. They are amazingly deep in the stage. The bass as I said is tight and detailed. I can see these getting some much needed permanent stands and hanging out in my room more often. Ken Scollick will be over for a earful tomorrow and give a resident neutral opinion. Set up with these as you see is .,,,,,,,,,, well exactly where I set them and they sound great . I only had stools as they kind of showed up tonight. I can only imagine these once I get a real set of stands and dead center seating. This is what I love about Monitors. Plop them down and they sound great. No hassle. they do look like they are bellying up to the bar already ! :ROFL:

Attachments

• S6301326.jpg
    S6301326.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 390
  • S6301328.jpg
    S6301328.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 389
Hi Chris,

I too have been a big fan of book shelf size monitors. Given their size and properly designed / built, they can disappear and "envelope" the listener like no other speaker I've heard. I still have fond memories of a Thiel speaker of about the same size. The SCS 1 if I recall but its been a long time ago.

If you don't mind telling, what's the price for a pair of those puppies?

Gordon

PS: What was their drink of choice?

Gordon, They liked Burban. :D

I think they go for about $1600 to $2000 depending on finish. I made a scanargle deal for them.( wasnt looking but fell into it with a labor trade) They are damn good. I would put them up against any Logan smaller than the Summits. The sound stage is as you say JUST DISAPPEARS. Wide , DEEP, and smooth. The bass is a tight 39 hz. Being a cone you get a direct feel for it. I have been playing switcheroo with my CLS.

These will be a great source for comparisons when Audio friends come over and when ears just need a change. DO NOT GET ME WRONG MY CLS RULE ! but the cute factor and the ease of any where placement is way cool.

They look great. I saw them at AKfest, but didn't really get a chance to listen to them. Sounds like I should have made sure I did give them a listen.

However, my Vista's will take umbrage at your statement about the Fritz's being competative with anything lower than a Summit. ;)

I still have yet to hear a cone based speaker that betters my Vista's in terms of midrange openess and purity.

Having said that, I too like the idea of different systems for a change of pace. I have a living room system with a Dynaco ST-70 and a pair of Vandersteen 1C's that is in need of a little change. I'm probably going to get something from Selah Audio. I would love to get their Prestigio (see photo)which is just a bit more than the Carbon 7's. But, I don't know if I can seek the cost past the VP of finances. I may have to check Fritz out.

Chuck

Attachments

• Prestigio2.jpg
    Prestigio2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 308
They look great. I saw them at AKfest, but didn't really get a chance to listen to them. Sounds like I should have made sure I did give them a listen.

However, my Vista's will take umbrage at your statement about the Fritz's being competative with anything lower than a Summit. ;)

I still have yet to hear a cone based speaker that betters my Vista's in terms of midrange openess and purity.

Having said that, I too like the idea of different systems for a change of pace. I have a living room system with a Dynaco ST-70 and a pair of Vandersteen 1C's that is in need of a little change. I'm probably going to get something from Selah Audio. I would love to get their Prestigio (see photo)which is just a bit more than the Carbon 7's. But, I don't know if I can seek the cost past the VP of finances. I may have to check Fritz out.

Chuck

I wasn't looking for any thing. Its kind of how it goes. I have been fortunate in being in the right place at the right time.;) However I always loved Monitors like ProAC and such. I just think these can hang. Smaller Logan's do not have the ability to convey a large stage to me. Not to discount yours or any ones system. I just have, and hear my CLS and CLX weekly as I am fortunate to have both close to me.

I love the last statement.!:ROFL: Mine asked how did these just appear?:confused:
I said they stopped by for a listen to my CLS and sat right next to them they loved them so much ! She did not find it to humorous:eek:!

Her one audio comment was they sound REAL !

There's certainly something very enchanting about small monitors. I recently heard the ADAM A7 and it's magic!

Attachments

• ADAM A7.jpg
    ADAM A7.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 289
Hm Chris that mid-range driver looks like the one that used to be in my (now passed on) ProAc 2.5s... always used to think Wilson were using the same driver.

Adam is obsessed with Adam. It's a self-obsession thing:D It'll pass:)

Hm Chris that mid-range driver looks like the one that used to be in my (now passed on) ProAc 2.5s... always used to think Wilson were using the same driver.

Yes I am - sorry - those Tensor Alphas were wicked!

The ProAc was a sound I loved. These do the job. Fritz said the driver is the same as Wilson uses.

I wasn't looking for any thing. Its kind of how it goes. I have been fortunate in being in the right place at the right time.;) However I always loved Monitors like ProAC and such. I just think these can hang. Smaller Logan's do not have the ability to convey a large stage to me. Not to discount yours or any ones system. I just have, and hear my CLS and CLX weekly as I am fortunate to have both close to me.

I love the last statement.!:ROFL: Mine asked how did these just appear?:confused:
I said they stopped by for a listen to my CLS and sat right next to them they loved them so much ! She did not find it to humorous:eek:!

Her one audio comment was they sound REAL !

Hello,
I am somewhat surprised that the Vantage/Vista cannot convey a large stage to you while the Summit can. I have listened to the Summit/Spire extensively, and while certainly better, they did not sound too terribly different in respect to soundstage. Certainly a larger panel helps, but it is not that much larger of a panel. Matter of a couple of inches. (60.9(h)x12.7(w) versus 57 (h)x 10.7 (w) Approximately 4 inches taller, 2 inches wider

I suppose some Monolith or Prodigy owners might feel the same way about all current speakers sans the CLX...
ML

Latest posts

Back