The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ......... what's the consensus with regards to the 'Tomahawk' attack on Syrian air bases ? I say thumbs up to the Prez for doing something that the previous admin didn't have the balls to do !

Well, it certainly seems to have distracted the press from "Russiagate" and will probably help slow the free fall in his approval ratings, so all in all I guess it was successful. Will it deter Assad or have any lasting impact on the Syrian civil war? Not likely. But hey, at least it justifies spending more on the military while cutting social programs, right?

Well, it certainly seems to have distracted the press from "Russiagate" and will probably help slow the free fall in his approval ratings, so all in all I guess it was successful. Will it deter Assad or have any lasting impact on the Syrian civil war? Not likely. But hey, at least it justifies spending more on the military while cutting social programs, right?

I do a fair amount of business with one of the Tomahawk missile mfg, so yes, it's good for business ! As for social programs a large percentage of them I suspect needed to be cut anyways.

Obama drew his red line or whatever the hell he called it but again....... had no balls.

No, I don't want another Mid-East quagmire, but the POS Assad needs to be eliminated. Anybody that commits crimes against children and the elderly has no right to breath air IMO ...........

No, I don't want another Mid-East quagmire, but the POS Assad needs to be eliminated. Anybody that commits crimes against children and the elderly has no right to breath air IMO ...........

And who appointed us enforcer of such things? Putin needs to go too. Maybe we should bomb Russia? And North Korea certainly for their leader's atrocities. Who else? We going to bomb China next?

The military already takes up half our budget. Social programs a much, much smaller piece of the pie. If cuts need to be made, they should start and end with the military budget.

And who appointed us enforcer of such things? Putin needs to go too. Maybe we should bomb Russia? And North Korea certainly for their leader's atrocities. Who else? We going to bomb China next?

The military already takes up half our budget. Social programs a much, much smaller piece of the pie. If cuts need to be made, they should start and end with the military budget.
They probably wouldn't have to cut social programs if Trump stopped going to Florida so often....reportedly $3M+ per trip for security. Social programs are needed by a lot of people who voted for him. I agree with you Rich on the cuts....cut the guns, not the food, to put it bluntly.

I just saw a picture of the people in Trump's situation room in Florida, and couldn't help but wonder who is paying for them all to fly there and stay at the resort (we know who gets the money). Wouldn't using the situation room in the White House be much cheaper?

He's not my president, but he bugs the hell out of me.

I do a fair amount of business with one of the Tomahawk missile mfg, so yes, it's good for business ! As for social programs a large percentage of them I suspect needed to be cut anyways.

Obama drew his red line or whatever the hell he called it but again....... had no balls.

Supposedly Obama wanted to, but was stopped by Congress.

It's just a matter of time before a US missile hits a Russian installation, or vice versa. I can just see WWIII.

In 2013 Trump claimed that Obama was going to bomb Syria because his approval ratings were so low and that it would be a huge mistake if he did.
In 2013 98 GOP Congressman said it would be unconstitutional if Obama bombed Syria without getting Congressional Approval.
It's not like this use of chemical weapons is an isolated incident in Syria.

Trump just lost his long time supporter, conspiracy guy, and alternative news creator on InfoWars over these cruise missiles.

Trump campaigned hard on how US taxpayers shouldn't pay to be a worldwide police force.

A number of his argent fans who are very disappointed about this. They think he should have let someone else step up to take care of it.

Trump made a plea because of the Syrian children who he apparently cares about as long as they don't come here.

Meanwhile the guy in charge of the EPA is saying Asbestos isn't so bad, and just approved the use of a previously banned pesticide that has been shown to cause brain damage in small children. In addition DeVos is defunding special needs programs for children in the public school systems. BTW private school systems have no obligation to take care of the special needs children, so they almost universally don't.

Trump has extended or given coal mining companies leases for mining coal there is no demand for and who have automated the jobs that he was "trying to bring back".

Trump gave a $77,000 check to the National Parks in a photo op while working to pull $1.5B from the National Park budget.

The GOP congress has introduced legislation to sell off 3.3 Million acres of National Park Land, and to allow drilling on National Parks, and to take away the control the public had over how these lands were used.

Trump for the billionaires, by the billionaires, screwing the average American.

Last edited:
So ......... what's the consensus with regards to the 'Tomahawk' attack on Syrian air bases ? I say thumbs up to the Prez for doing something that the previous admin didn't have the balls to do !

You must remember that O negotiated a treaty with Russia in 2013 to have Syria commit to no future chemical attacks and to destroy their chemical weapons.

I would say a different approach that unfortunately failed.

His actions are bad news / good news. One side is impetuous and a trigger finger based response with unknown consequences. The other is a quick, decisive action and a long time coming.

We'll see how this plays out.

PS: And let's not forget the fact that 45 and his admin said less than a week ago that they were going to be "hands off" in Syria. And then the chemical attack. Coincidence? Probably not.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you want to try out your new toys and at the same time try to impress the leader of China. Jeez, what an ignorant s---head!!!!!!!!

What is blatantly obvious is whatever 45 previously said about Syria or other "positions"he had taken during the campaign, it means very little and is not an indication of what he will do in the future.

As many predicted.

Travel / security cost comparison for O vs 45

Interesting numbers on travel and security expenses for O vs 45.

Travel expenses for O. 97M over 8 years. Annual average 12.1M.

Travel expenses for 45 in the first 82 days is 24M. Twice the annual O average. Please note that this does not include the daily cost to NY taxpayers, to the tune of 1M per day, to guard 45's wife and son as a result of them not living in the WH. Approx. aggregate total to date is 106M or 1.29M per day or approx. 54K per hour.

And no Obamacare fix and no current plan for tax reform. Next big shoe (promise) to drop is the infrastructure bill. And then there's the Mexican wall that the US will not pay for per Mitchy O / Senate majority leader.

Not bad for 82 days.

A true President for the "common" man. :rocker:

PS: Just heard on CNN that the daily NY cost is 145K per day vs 1M. Will check out.

Last edited:
I suspect he'll get the Mexicans to pay for that as well ...........

It just gets worse every day. They don't listen to scientists or economists. As a matter of fact they hate science, culture, education, immigrants and anything else that has made this country great.

Despite everything else going on with the Russia and whatnot, I think we are currently seeing a transformation with Trump. I think he is finally transforming from campaign mode to President mode. By that, I mean that he is finally realizing that the campaign is over and he has to now do the job. And through his early mistakes and setbacks, he is learning the hard way that this job is very different than the job of campaigning and the job of being CEO of a privately held corporation. He can't order people around. He can't say things without having them questioned. He can't accomplish anything without consensus. And he can't afford to have the wrong people in places of leadership. But most importantly, that all those populist ideals he campaigned on and manipulated people with are fantasies that can't be implemented in the real world.

Halting immigration, deporting Muslims, scaling back NATO commitments, labeling China a currency manipulator and instituting trade tariffs, re-negotiating NAFTA, and yes, even building the great wall and abolishing Obamacare. All fantasies. The real world is so much more complicated. Everything is interconnected and you actually have to work with others to accomplish anything. You have very little power as President compared to a CEO. And things are much more complicated than you ever imagined. I think he is slowly coming to these realizations.

I'm not saying he is going to transform into an Obama or a Reagan and I'm not saying he is going to do any better of a job moving forward than he did in his first few months. But I do think he is changing his outlook, his strategy, and his tactics. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months, particularly as the Russia collusion scandal unfolds. I am glad to see his apparent shift from Breitbart Alt-Right conservatism to more of a Neo-conservative approach. Time will tell.

You liberals need a nap, some really good drugs or something, sheesh! Someone steps up to the plate and still you **** and moan, who told Syria and Russia "watch your backs", and radical Islamic terrorists in Afganistan who runs the show, now onto that churlish, dwarf tyrant in N Korea to pi$$ his panties if he dares to fire one more rocket, armed or not!! I'm far from a warmonger but, I'm sick and tired of this crap, it's time to throw some big punches, don't like it? MOVE like to Canada or Australia where they love China and suck up like good liberals do! MOVE! Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

This thread is so anti-American it makes me sick!

I know I said I'd stay out of this Gordon but, Jesus, the thread has our President's name on it, I'm out again for awhile unless you guys keep this crap up without a leg to stand on...I see nothing of how things should be done, just bitchin'. As a proud citizen of the United States of America I stand by my last sentence!!

Last edited:
Go Stu !!!

Patton and Churchill were right........ DO NOT TRUST those stinking Russians !!

Just had to ad, a narcissist bully with his finger on the trigger and no discernible ideology. Other presidents have gotten rich after the presidency, but he views the office as a family ATM. Just look at his travel and security cost in less than 100 days, look at what's going on in the absurd hotels. Btw, what happened to "drain the Swamp"?

You liberals need a nap, some really good drugs or something, sheesh! Someone steps up to the plate and still you **** and moan, who told Syria and Russia "watch your backs", and radical Islamic terrorists in Afganistan who runs the show, now onto that churlish, dwarf tyrant in N Korea to pi$$ his panties if he dares to fire one more rocket, armed or not!! I'm far from a warmonger but, I'm sick and tired of this crap, it's time to throw some big punches, don't like it? MOVE like to Canada or Australia where they love China and suck up like good liberals do! MOVE! Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

This thread is so anti-American it makes me sick!

I know I said I'd stay out of this Gordon but, Jesus, the thread has our President's name on it, I'm out again for awhile unless you guys keep this crap up without a leg to stand on...I see nothing of how things should be done, just bitchin'. As a proud citizen of the United States of America I stand by my last sentence!!

Wow how dare people not like the president and his policies. This democracy thing really sucks doesn't it. America Uber Alles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back