Why are we here Mr. Flykmair?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% with Jeff... I had my share of issues with this guy, and received several nasty pm's that I will not discuss on here as they are supposed to be private. I am glad he is gone, I feel bad for whatever situation he is in, but I do not want to read about that in 75% of his posts.

the other Gordon:rocker:

Ok I was trying to be nice I was not aware of the nasty PM's it seems this guy no matter how much slack you try to cut him he just gets worse and worse.
lock him up and throw away the key. perhaps you should foreword those to Tomdac

There is only one rule here.. Be respectful of others.

People have gotten banned for being disrespectful and for trolling (stirring up sh1t). These previous banishments have always been permanent.

I've gotten numerous complaints about Flykmair, all of which revolved around his "tall tale" of woe, which seems more than a little hard to swallow.

If his story is true, I think his capacity may be diminished, because none of it make sense. Yeah, your Mom is sick and you're unemployed, but you're depressed so you purchase $40K worth of hi-fi gear only to try and sell it a month later?

I let it all go until he posted a classified ad trying to sell his stuff, which he never proved he actually owned other than a photo, which quite frankly he could've gotten anywhere online.. or taken at a friend's house.

Can anyone verify his story? Has anyone purchased anything from him and finalized the transaction?

And he claims he's from "Neverland" in his profile.

So that's why he was banned. Now I'm hearing he has sent nasty PMs to people, so the ban may be permanent.
I just don't think he adds anything to the site other than chaos.

Tom.

Can anyone verify his story? Has anyone purchased anything from him and finalized the transaction?

And he claims he's from "Neverland" in his profile.
Username flykmair on eBay is from Gassville, AR and has recently sold, or endeavored to sell, a Depth i, Denon AVR and a pair of Vistas. He/she has perfect feedback going back to mid-2007.

Last edited:
I haven't been following every post he has made, but the only real experience I had dealing with him was back when I knew virtually nothing about hi-fi (when I first joined these forums around a year ago). I think he was very helpful to me at the time.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6475

I'll admit, though, the guy does have a bit of a weird vibe.

Last edited:

Wikipedia -

"Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see "What is a troll?". For other uses see Troll (disambiguation).

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

I think that post may well qualify

Attachments

• Troll1.jpg
    Troll1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 94
Is he a troll?

In my mind, yes. Clearly, he is out of line in numerous posts and I have to agree with your assessment that he adds little value to the site compared to the amount of anger, provocation, and disruption he contributes. I think we have all wasted far more time and effort with him than he is worth, given the content of many of his posts.

Can I speak without being attacked?

I personally know Mr flykmair real name Michael! If it is safe for me to post what I know I will, but please do not attack me. You have asked if anyone knows him and if he is a troll. TomDac, respectfully you are not being given the full picture from certain members.

I am asking everyone to hear me out. I will post what I know. I am the one that informed him he was banned! Thanks to Mike I now own ML speakers and a new amp. He told me about this site and stated most people were nice but some not so nice. He is a class act and I have known him since 1976.

Sincerely, Bernadette

Bernadette,

Being banned means that he is still free to browse the site, like anyone else can, but he cannot post or use other functions of the site, like private messaging, so I'm sure he's read this thread and knows he's been banned.

Also, when he tries to log in, he will see a message telling him he was banned because of user complaints.

I have access to the private messages of everyone on the site. I've read the private messages he's sent and received, so I do have a very clear picture of what's going on.

With that being said, you have the floor.

Last edited:
Only a couple of things to say... I, too, was involved in one of Flykmair's posts on the Summit X - and it seems like I don't have the history of his posts - nor do I remember any of them. So, his post on his summit x issue - i did not find offensive or bashing or degrading.... To me, it sounded like a guy that is really anal about his stuff - paid a bunch - and wanted it to be perfect. He started a couple of threads on it - because, I thought initially, he wanted to see if anyone else had the problem....He complained because he didn't think he should have to pay shipping for this problem. I don't have any issue with that.

I think now though, some of you brought other historical threads into the mix with this - and basically told him he was full of it - and full of himself - which obviously put him on the defensive and caused him to speak out against others.

Again, I really don't know the history - and look at this forum as a way to learn things and ask people questions. I usually put on my own filter if I think someone is being an idiot - and just don't post or respond to them. But that particular thread can be summed up this way (I think) -

1)a guy has a problem with speakers - wants to know if others have this issue
2)people tell him he is an idiot for posting such problem - or don't believe it is a problem - and shouldn't post until he is sure he has the problem.
3)He argues back and forth with the posters about the legitamcy of his claim.

So that is how that post got its legs.

I'm not saying he should or should not have been given a 'rest' - because I don't know his past. All I am saying is - on that particular post, I thought it started off simple enough, but then people started to tell him he was an idiot for posting such rubbish when there was no way for them to validate whether he had a defective speaker or not.

I agree Tim,

The guy is long winded, but i thought his posts were kind of
funny, so i don't think he should have been banned.

I did re-read his classified ad though...said he bought 2 pairs of summit Xs and a pair of Spires, but he indicated he sold both pairs of Summits.
I thought that's the pair he had an issue with, that is, the unfinished
woofer cabinet.

Wait - this is getting wierd... name Michael - location neverland......Ok - you can all call me Columbo now....

What I saw in his posts seemed to be very emotional. I'm not saying it may not have been for a reason. Just sometimes you have to take a deep breath before you post things - whether it be a complaint or bagging on someone else. So, I don't think Michael is a bad guy or anything - just that he seemed to get all caught up in some of the jousting that goes around on most internet forums. Sometimes you just have to put on the 'ignore' filter.

Bernadette,

Being banned means that he is still free to browse the site, like anyone else can, but he cannot post or use other functions of the site, like private messaging, so I'm sure he's read this thread and knows he's been banned.

Also, when he tries to log in, he will see a message telling him he was banned because of user complaints.

I have access to the private messages of everyone on the site. I've read the private messages he's sent and received, so I do have a very clear picture of what's going on.

Banning him only prevents him from responding to post like these. As one who is against censorship in any form, and certainly to a non-captive audience of adults such as is found here, I think that unless flykmair is actually threatening people with physical harm banning him serves no legitimate purpose IMO. If you don't like what he writes then are we not free to ignore him. If he doesn't get what he wants here he will leave on his own, no?

Free speech is more than a concept.

Last edited:
Banning him only prevents him from responding to post like these. As one who is against censorship in any form, and certainly to a non-captive audience of adults such as here. Unless flykmair is actually threatening people with physical harm banning him serves no legitimate purpose IMO. If you don't like what he writes then are we not free to ignore him. If he doesn't get what he wants here he will leave on his own, no?

Free speech is more than a concept.

I think Tom is trying to run a top notch club here and it seems as though a troll would bring down the standards of this community and drive away positive members who could actually contribute such as yourself risabet !

THE BILL OF RIGHTS DOES NOT APPLY TO A PRIVATE CLUB

At this point, I'd venture to say that flykmair is either a troll or just an unstable person.

Look at the damage he's done in this thread alone....

He's asked to be banned previously, but when he wasn't banned, continued to post, stir things up, etc. If he was so insulted as he claims, why didn't he just leave the site and never return?

So I ban him and his "friend" BBP shows up out of the blue to defend him. She's registered with a hotmail email address, no credibility on this site because nobody knows her and surprise, surprise, she indicates on her user profile that she's from California but her IP address comes from the same ISP as flykmair which is based in Arkansas...

Enough red flags??

Bottom line is this: just because you enjoy MartinLogan speakers doesn't mean you have the social skills to be a productive part of this forum.

I'll take that back... you don't have the floor. You've been banned too. You have an email from me asking for us to talk on the telephone so I can try and make sense of all of this. reply and let's talk off-line.

Tom.

I think Tom is trying to run a top notch club here and it seems as though a troll would bring down the standards of this community and drive away positive members who could actually contribute such as yourself risabet !

THE BILL OF RIGHTS DOES NOT APPLY TO A PRIVATE CLUB

Yes, I am fully aware of that fact. My point was that right to read or avoid someone's posted content should typically be left to each individual. Tom is of course free to run his site, and well run it is, in manner he chooses and I am free to participate or not as I see fit. I didn't consider flykmair a troll as such but someone given to loosely controlled emotions and outburst. I chose to read or ignore his posts as I saw fit.

Hi Risabet,

I understand your perspective and taken to its logical conclusion, you seem to suggest that anyone should be able to post anything they want on this site about any topic, in any manner they deem appropriate (respectful to outright insulting) and that would be acceptable to you.

Is that your position?

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back