The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark, you can put whatever spin you want on this but the fact remains.........she is anti gun. A quote from Hillary ...... "And here again,the Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment. I'm going to make that case every chance I get, so I will need your help on that." She has also stated , "if I'm fortunate enough to be your next president, I'll be looking for ways that we can change gun culture"

Again, these statements can be taken in a context of sensible reform or an accelerated path down the 'slippery slope'. She will have plenty of soldiers to carry out her dirty work, not to mention the backing ($$$) of one Michael Bloomberg.

Last edited:
and the 'Donald' keeps stepping on his 'd@*k' ...........every time he opens his mouth. Talk out there this morning that he is intentionally trying to loose the election ???????.

Myself, a fiscal conservative, he is one of the biggest embarrassments of my lifetime.

Last edited:
I feel for you Dave. I wouldn't want to be a republican during this election season. Quite a few sensible candidates trounced early on and it ended up between Trump and Cruz, two of the most extreme and least qualified of the bunch. And then Trump gets it and it's just one embarrassing mistake after another. To the point that several long-time conservative operatives are leaving the party and a few are openly supporting Hillary. And McConnel and Ryan are stuck in no man's land, unwilling to withdraw their endorsement of Trump, but disavowing everything that comes out of his mouth. It is truly embarrassing for any principled conservative. It's hard not to believe that he is intentionally sabotaging his own candidacy. Maybe this was just a long con to destroy the Republican Party from within.

and the 'Donald' keeps stepping on his 'd@*k' ...........every time he opens his mouth. Talk out there this morning that he is intentionally trying to loose the election ???????.

Myself, a fiscal conservative, he is one of the biggest embarrassments of my lifetime.

You know, I've been wondering this myself. What does he have to gain by running for president without intending to win? There's got to be a money making scheme in there somewhere, cuz bottom line, that is all he really cares about.

Mark, you can put whatever spin you want on this but the fact remains.........she is anti gun. A quote from Hillary ...... "And here again,the Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment. I'm going to make that case every chance I get, so I will need your help on that." She has also stated , "if I'm fortunate enough to be your next president, I'll be looking for ways that we can change gun culture"

Again, these statements can be taken in a context of sensible reform or an accelerated path down the 'slippery slope'. She will have plenty of soldiers to carry out her dirty work, not to mention the backing ($$$) of one Michael Bloomberg.

First - glad to see the thread revived, God bless!

Second, WRT above - What explicitly do you mean by "anti gun"? If you mean she intends to enact more stringent background checks and make it more difficult for the "bad guys" to procure semi autos, the majority of the country already wants this.

And lastly, I feel sorry for any registered Republican because your overwhelming choice this election cycle is an embarrassment to your party. No living Republican president will endorse him, Repub politicians continually disavow his idiotic off - the - cuff childish statements and as of very recent, several Repub officials have either left the party or stated they will vote for Hillary. Can you say - abandon ship?

And say what you will about Clinton, but last time I checked she never made any disparaging statements against women, Muslims, veterans (including the new and improved Golden parents comments), the disabled and yes, so many more. I am personally sickened by the pervasive strawman arguments defending Trump and the ridiculous notion that Trump's credibility, experience and overall history is in any way remotely on the same playing field as Clinton, or for that matter pretty much any other politician (well maybe I can think of a few).

I think in some way Trump is good for the Republican party. Over the past decade the party seems to have been hijacked by religious zealots and Neo Nazi's. After Trump blows it in the election, maybe the Republican party will actually start moving to the center.

I would like their platform to be

1) Balance the f*cking budget
2) Reduce corp tax
3) Limit the Presidential Executive Orders
4) Put term limits on Congressmen and Senators
5) Simplify the tax code
6) Close tax loop holes

You know, I've been wondering this myself. What does he have to gain by running for president without intending to win? There's got to be a money making scheme in there somewhere, cuz bottom line, that is all he really cares about.

Perhaps a clue can be found in this tidbit: "Back in 2000, Trump told Fortune magazine that he "could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it." At that time, he was dabbling with a run and ended up getting a lucrative speaking deal." (Copied from a CNN article)

Maybe he is just setting the stage for his next reality show.

Donald Trump discussing his medical results:

"I wouldn't be talking to you right now if they were bad," Trump said. "If they were bad, I would say let's sort of skip this, right?"

Hmmm. So what does that say about your refusal to release your tax returns, Don?

haha.. good one rich..... fortunately... you can check the box for Dolt1 is you do not like Dolt2.......

Quick question? Only slightly related to this topic.

We have the Daily Show, John Oliver, Bill Maher, Samantha Bee, and other liberal politically oriented comedy shows.

Why is there no conservative equivalent?

Quick question? Only slightly related to this topic.

We have the Daily Show, John Oliver, Bill Maher, Samantha Bee, and other liberal politically oriented comedy shows.

Why is there no conservative equivalent?

Hello? All that's needed is to watch Trump speak!!

BTW, I'm sad for Hillary fans, she's going down harder than her 'episode' at Ground Zero getting into the van. "I have heat stroke on a 77F morning, I need to go to my daughters townhouse"?!?!???? I can barely keep my HATRED of this sick, evil woman under control lately..so not posting for awhile, peace all, I'm really a nice person, Craig

You may not need to feel sad for long. Just give it time, Trump will say something and give her a boost. Watching both of them at times must be like watching a competition to see who will be the body double for the current leader of ISIS. They both have said and done some things like they are trying to purposely lose the election. Two terrible candidates, and I fear that either one, perhaps in their own ways, will not make good presidents.

What was up with those sunglasses Hillary was wearing on the day of her collapse? The first time I saw footage of her at that event, I thought it was a video of Tom Petty.

CsFY1JuWEAAUGnj.jpg

Last edited:
You may not need to feel sad for long. Just give it time, Trump will say something and give her a boost. Watching both of them at times must be like watching a competition to see who will be the body double for the current leader of ISIS. They both have said and done some things like they are trying to purposely lose the election. Two terrible candidates, and I fear that either one, perhaps in their own ways, will not make good presidents.

What was up with those sunglasses Hillary was wearing on the day of her collapse? The first time I saw footage of her at that event, I thought it was a video of Tom Petty.

View attachment 18741

So what exactly is her health issue..... She had 'health issues' when she left secretary of state didn't she? Oh wait... was that because Obama didn't want to deal with the blowback from Bengazzi? Oh no .... right ... it was health issues.... or was it because she needed to focus on her up-coming campaign for President? Oh - wait .. I'm confusing myself.......

Last edited:
Just heard about this for the first time yesterday, I haven't heard it all on the news. But apparently Paul Combetta, the tech who handled Hillary's email for Platte River Network, went on Reddit to ask about removing "a very VIP's e-mail address from a bunch of archived email". He added, "Basically, they don't want the VIP's email address exposed to anyone, and want to be able to either strip out or replace the email address in the to/from fields in all of the emails we want to send out." Who is they?? His username to reditt was 'stonetear', and people connected that username to Paul Combetta. Even more telling, is the fact that he asked this question just one day after congress and the State Dept had come to an agreement to preserve Hillary's emails for a pending investigation. After the story broke, people watching 'stonetears' accounts witnessed all of it being deleted. But it was too late, they had saved it all. All of it is coincidental, but there is just a bunch of stuff that is very coincidental.

I honestly thought Comey was a stand up person, and would do a correct investigation. What has come out since the investigation has changed my opinion on that. The whole way the investigation took place, from the immunities that were granted by the DOJ, the fact that Hillary was only questioned on the final days of the investigation, and the fact that she was interviewed for only 3 1/2 hours. I just haggled over the price for a new car for my wife and it took longer that 3 1/2 hours. I have to think the whole thing was cooked from the beginning.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/09/21/re...ced-advice-to-delete-clinton-e-mail-evidence/

All of it is coincidental.... I have to think the whole thing was cooked from the beginning.

Hi Kevin,

That's kind of problem don't you think. Seems to be very much in vogue for those who are biased against HC.

After numerous innuendos, conspiracy theories, etc. and despite numerous Congressional hearings and investigations I, for one, have come to ignore these types of accusations.

We all believe what we want to in order to support our personal beliefs.

Best,

Gordon

Hi Kevin,

That's kind of problem don't you think. Seems to be very much in vogue for those who are biased against HC.

After numerous innuendos, conspiracy theories, etc. and despite numerous Congressional hearings and investigations I, for one, have come to ignore these types of accusations.

We all believe what we want to in order to support our personal beliefs.

Best,

Gordon

Actually, it is not a problem at all, because you left out, "but there is just a bunch of stuff that is very coincidental". That part makes it very easy to put a case together that this has been a total farce. I can find my daughter sitting on the counter, the cookie jar lid open, crumbs all around her, and chocolate all around her mouth and lips. I don't need a video of her eating the cookies nor do I have to subject her to stomach pumping to know that she just ate some cookies. Hillary supporters can make the argument that they don't care about this scandal, that they still support her over Trump despite the scandal, and at least I can respect that. But anyone who can objectively looks at what occurred in this scandal, and just come to the conclusion that there was nothing wrong here, either isn't being truthful themselves or they have no ability to comprehend.

The DOJ gave out immunity to '5' people in this case..... 5 people. If this were an armed robbery, and it's suspected that Hillary is the one who had a gun and robbed the store. The DOJ gave immunity to the watch out person outside the store, the driver of the getaway car, and her sidekick in the store. The FBI keeps doing document dumps on Friday afternoon. But I am supposed to be gullible enough to believe that this was a fair investigation and the FBI wasn't political at all? Sorry, I am not stupid.

Kevin,

We all believe what we want to believe. For me, that is a universal truth. If you disagree, so be it.

Given the toxicity of this campaign, no one, on either side, has any credibility left regarding what is true, half true, or not true at all.

And no, I didn't say you are stupid. Your words / inferences, not mine.

And after each previous election, the analysis has been that it was the worst in history. I think that this one will stand out in history as hitting the absolute bottom and hopefully we (all of us) can start acting in a civil, respectful manner.

Best,

Gordon

I truly hope that we are hitting rock bottom with this election, but sadly I don't think that will be the case and here is why.

The root cause of why things have gotten so bad is that there are a lot of very upset people and these people are upset because the middle class is going away and they have little job security or benefits and are working longer hours than ever and in the case of the youth, they have huge college debt and their degree isn't helping them to get the types of jobs they once could.

Since neither candidate can stop these trends that have been in motion for decades, there will still be upset people in 4 years. In fact there will probably be even more upset people than there are now.

People behave badly when they are constantly under stress. They lash out, blame others etc.. Trump has capitalized on this effectively and politicians in the US are watching.

4 years from now no matter who is running we can expect the same or worse behavior.

Serious Question: Why would you think our society is going to change direction when there is no momentum in that direction or anything to cause a change in direction?

And no, I didn't say you are stupid. Your words / inferences, not mine.

I didn't say you think I'm stupid. I was quite simply stating that given the abundant amount of information that shows that Hillary got away with her negligent use and destruction of emails, the only conclusion I can up with, being that I am not stupid, is that Hillary got away with something that others of less celebrity would have been easily prosecuted for, had they done the exact same thing. After almost a year of having being told that she had released all work related emails, we won't be able to see thousands of emails that have been discovered as work related, that were not released, until after the election.

Serious Question: Why would you think our society is going to change direction when there is no momentum in that direction or anything to cause a change in direction?

Mark,

I don't. Just being naively hopeful.

Kevin, I'm over the e-mails. For me, it's the equivalent of background noise. I just ignore it like I do with all the "garbage" that accompanies DT.

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back