System #358 (CLX, Stage, Motif)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2 Channel & Home Theater room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJpkunzXuk

My first video ever. Shaky hands, and not the best narration. Music from Pandora on my ipod. Wadia ipod dock, with digital output to my MCD500 input.
McIntosh MX150 2-MC601's, 1-MC303, MCD500, Parasound Z v.3 zone amp, Parasound Z v.2 zone tuner, Denon 3800 bdci blue ray player, Panasonic DMP-BDT350 3d blue ray player, Wadia 171i transport, JL113 Subwoofer, Direct tv dvr, Mitsubishi 82837 & 3DC-1000 3d starter pack, Martin Logan CLX aniversary addition, Stage center, Motif surrounds, Universal MX-3000 remote, Richard Gray/Furman line conditioner

Ron ,very nice setup I enjoyed the video . Looks like a nice place to hang and watch a movie or listen to music. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Ron... Great Vid! I love it when members post vids like this... really opens things up so we can get a much better look/feel for what people have crafted for systems! Sharing is good. Oh, and AWESOME SYSTEM!

I loved the video way better than that first one you made as you really get a good look at the beautiful speakers with the mac's

Next vid you could do is you bombing it down the highway in your porsche

Nice job Ron! We need more forum members to post vids. It's like I was there, without you having to deal with the smell and theft ;)

Thank you both. Last time I bombed down the Highway with my Turbo, I got a speeding ticket. Thats been about 4 or 5 years ago. I have the video . I will post it if I can figure out how. I have it on a cd. I wish others would post videos of there equipment also.

Hi all,

Please explain the reason / rational (personal and otherwise) for posting videos of ones' system.

I'm sorry but I don't quite get IT.

GG

Hi all,

Please explain the reason / rational (personal and otherwise) for posting videos of ones' system.

GG

I believe you show your system at the bottom of every posting you make. I don't know how to do this. I have tried. Also I think most people enjoy hearing music and seeing videos. There are new people on this forum, that might not have seeing my last video. I have not gotten any negative responses, only from you. It is not the first time you have had something negative to say about my posts.

You're correct. Most people, if they choose, post pictures of their system in the daylight so one can actually see the system. This is done, at least in my case, to provide insight as to my comments on music, electronics, room size / treatment, and other related issues.

If, for example, I was commenting on issues related to a system with large windows, one should interpret those comments within the context of my small, somewhat "live" room.

It would seem others would benefit from this approach versus a video in complete darkness.

Just a thought.

GG

others would benefit from this approach versus a video in complete darkness.
GG

I totaly agree Gordon.

Ron, IMO and I think Gordon's as well your video / exsposure settings need some tweeking. In so far as seeing videos....yeah maybe, but hearing 'music' over my computer speakers........not !

I think rons post was very entertaining and that what its all about . Gordon you always have something non constructive to say and its just silly for a guy your age

We need more vids on here and I will be putting up a vid like rons once my setup is finished

I think a video would be cool to show one's system... It would've been nice to see Ron's equipment a little better.. Video was too dark on that to really see much. Seems like a great system, though... Ron, maybe do another video in the daylight.. show us some of the features of your processor... that would be interesting, IMHO.

Dear Projector,

Please shoot your video in the daylight so we can all see what your system is like. If you consider that to be non constructive, so be it.

I will add one more comment regarding context and why pictures and videos that you can see are constructive.

It appears Ron has a large room and certainly a much more robust system than I have. Ron's insights as to a recordings ability to reproduce the actual venue sound / ambience of a large orchestral piece (Mahler's Second Symphony for example) would be much more valid than my perspective given my small room.

Maybe that's silly to you but from my perspective, it seems meaningful and beneficial. It offers additional, valid credibility to Ron's opinion.

Finally, it is much easier for all members to click on system photos at the bottom of the individual post than to have to search for a video of that persons system.

GG

PS: I should have qualified my original post to state videos shot in the dark. Maybe Tom can add a new section for these type items on the webpage.

Last edited:
I will try to learn to put system pictures at the bottom of my posts, as others have done.

I think rons post was very entertaining and that what its all about . Gordon you always have something non constructive to say and its just silly for a guy your age

We need more vids on here and I will be putting up a vid like rons once my setup is finished

Thank you very much. I will be looking forward to your video.

I will try to learn to put system pictures at the bottom of my posts, as others have done.

Ron,

I'm computer challenged also and had to have my nephew post my system pictures on this site.

GG

Really? It was obvious to me he is proud of his system as all of us are. Negative to me also. Doesn't anybody else who have been posting here for yrs. notice how many member the Martin Logan club has lost in the last couple of yrs. It wouldn't have been that hard not to comment on his video.
System looks nice to me though. JMHO

Ron,

I'm computer challenged also and had to have my nephew post my system pictures on this site.

GG

Ok, I figured out how to get my pictures up. Not the normal way through signature edit. Some reason it said I was not allowed. So just click on the link to see pictures and description. Then enlarge for description of equipment.

Last edited:
Back