System #291 (Prodigy)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waboman

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Jeff

2. Location: St. Paul, MN

It's all about having fun. Here goes...

And remember, turn it up!

Speakers:

Martin Logan;
Prodigy (mains)
Theater (center)
4 Scripts (sides & rear)

Subs:

JL Audio Fathom f113 (x2)

Preamp/Processor:

Denon AVP-A1HDCI

Amplifiers:

McIntosh MC501 (x2) (Mono-block amps)
McIntosh MC205 (5-channel amp)

Sources:

McIntosh MCD500 (SACD/CD player)
Oppo BDP83 (blu-ray)
Toshiba A-35 (HD-DVD)
DirecTV HR-21

Display:

JVC DLA-HD950 projector and Stewart Firehawk G3 screen

Power Protection:

PS Audio Power Plant Premier (x2)

Cables

Wireworld Silver Eclipse

Acoustic Treatments:

Two Reel Traps behind the Prodigies

Components that have been put in the storage closet ... for now:

Pioneer Elite CLD-99 (Laser disc)
B&K DT-1 (RF demodulator)
Pioneer Elite PDR-19RW (CD-recorder) - Pre PC burners
Mitsubishi HS-U65 (S-VHS)
Nakamichi DR-2 (Cassette)

Stand:

Salamander Synergy Triple 30 337.

HT1-2.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

The McIntosh MC501 mono-block amp:
HT13-1.jpg

The McIntosh MC205 5-channel amp:
HT14-1.jpg

The McIntosh MCD500 SACD player:
HT12-1.jpg

Last edited:
SWEET! You can look at my system and see how much we have in common! LOVE my Prodigy. Having the big TV between them really kills the sound stage though I can tell you that for sure!

Welcome to the club!

A Few More Pics...

HT2-2.jpg

HT5-2.jpg

Martin Logan Theater center channel speaker:
HT16-1.jpg

HT3-2.jpg

Martin Logan Script right side:
HT6-2.jpg

Last edited:
More Pics...

Martin Logan Script left side:
HT8-2.jpg

Autographed by the TNG crew, except for Michael Dorn (Worf):
HT7-2.jpg

JVC DLA-HD950 projector:
DSC02120-1.jpg

Martin Logan Scripts left & right rear, plus the BD/DVD/CD collection:
HT11-2.jpg

HT9-2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Great system. Love the Mac stuff.. Those big blue meters are mezmerizing.. bet it sounds awesome.

The Martin Logan channel.

Dammit I have a million and 1 satellite channels and I can't get that one!

If you can pull those Prods further forward in front of the TV, it will help with soundstaging. Just compensate any perceived bass loss with yer Descent settings...

If you can pull those Prods further forward in front of the TV, it will help with soundstaging. Just compensate any perceived bass loss with yer Descent settings...

$80.00 a month and I still getting the shaft !

When you say move the Prods forward, you mean farther out from the wall? How will that affect the center channel during movies?

I have two t shirts and a 3m martin logan cleaning rag! I like your setup

Even the coffee tastes better.;)

CupoLogan.jpg
Looking good there Jeff. Quite the Mac emporium :bowdown:

I also have ML coasters in the HT as well as that mug, and you're right, it does give more of a high-end twinge to the cofee ;)

When you say move the Prods forward, you mean farther out from the wall? How will that affect the center channel during movies?

Jeff,
Beautiful system.

In agreement with Justin, experiment with bringing them further out.
I too unfortunatly have a big tv between my speakers.
Over the years I've moved them further and further out from the wall to improve the soundstaging. I've got them about 5 feet from the back wall and 2 feet in front of the tv.

My center channel is actually mounted to the wall, so It's 5 feet behind the mains. Just adjust the distance of your speakers from the listening position in your prepro, pullout your handy dandy sound level meter and adjust the volume of the speakers and you should have no problems.

Of course there are many more on this forum who use a much more sophisticated approach in their theater adjustments. Just check out JonFo's system page. My brain hurts just trying to follow it.

Of course there are many more on this forum who use a much more sophisticated approach in their theater adjustments. Just check out JonFo's system page. My brain hurts just trying to follow it.

Lol. I know! He's in a whole other league.:cool::bowdown:

!!WOW!! Your system rocks!! I've seen little glimpses here and there of your system before, but now I really get to see the big picture.;)

Amazing setup my friend! And I just drool every time I see those new McIntosh amps.:drool::drool:

Seth

Lol. I know! He's in a whole other league.:cool::bowdown:

Definitely in a whole other league.:) Jonathan has got to be the most knowledgeable person on room acoustics I know. He's a genius when it comes to that stuff. What he's done with his room is simply amazing.

Seth

!!WOW!! Your system rocks!! I've seen little glimpses here and there of your system before, but now I really get to see the big picture.;)

Amazing setup my friend! And I just drool every time I see those new McIntosh amps.:drool::drool:

Seth

Thanks for the kind words, Seth.:)

Last edited:
Back