System #358 (CLX, Stage, Motif)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two pairs for sale on Audiogon right now.

Yes there are. But unfortunately they are both Anniversary pairs and are still a bit to steep. When a used pair gets down to the 10K level, I think that's when we will jump...........right off a cliff.:D:D

Sorry to hear that you are going to have to tear out your back wall.........but you know it will be worth it. :D

Or..... maybe you can take over a new room. That is what I did. I had a 7.2 ML HT in the main room and I was listening to so much surround sound music that my wife gave me an ultimatum.

So I took over the game room downstairs and built a perfect 5.1 CLX system down there.

My point is, there is a silver lining to every cloud, you just have to find it before the lightning strikes you dead.:D

PS. Just enjoy your CLXs in whatever config you like. I have found them to be the most FUN speakers that I have ever owned or even rented.:D

I could tear out the bar, and the wall to the right, and get rid of the dressing room and closit off the hallway not seen in this picture. This is a old picture without the theater seating. That will not happen.

Attachments

• Sterio Picture 2.jpg
    Sterio Picture 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 390
I could tear out the bar, and the wall to the right, and get rid of the dressing room and closit off the hallway not seen in this picture. This is a old picture without the theater seating. That will not happen.

Oh sure, you say that now.:D

Yeah the detail to which he describes something that he ISN'T going to do, speaks volumes.

It means he has thought about it, once that happens.........well it is only a matter of time.:D

Yes there are. But unfortunately they are both Anniversary pairs and are still a bit to steep. When a used pair gets down to the 10K level, I think that's when we will jump...........right off a cliff.:D:D

Hm - $10K is still a lot for two big cheese graters and some stuff they make crisp (potato chip) packets out of, no? Very clever these chaps at ML...:D

WRT the the system: lose the bar. The CLXs in its place will simply look cooler. Reason enough, I think:)

Hm - $10K is still a lot for two big cheese graters and some stuff they make crisp (potato chip) packets out of, no? Very clever these chaps at ML...:D

WRT the the system: lose the bar. The CLXs in its place will simply look cooler. Reason enough, I think:)

Yeah but if I split them with Jonfo, then it is only 5K for what could possibly be the worlds best center channel. That is not a bad price, no.:devil:

Yeah but if I split them with Jonfo, then it is only 5K for what could possibly be the worlds best center channel. That is not a bad price, no.:devil:

Just buy the ones on audiogon. Don't worry about it. If you have me tearing up my whole house with plans and permits, construction costs, architect's, property tax increases, splurge on the $7500 or so dollars. I like my 2 channel music. The sounds envelope the whole room.:music:

Just buy the ones on audiogon. Don't worry about it. If you have me tearing up my whole house with plans and permits, construction costs, architect's, property tax increases, splurge on the $7500 or so dollars. I like my 2 channel music. The sounds envelope the whole room.:music:

Another reason not to live in California, here in Indiana it's called a remodel.

No permits needed and tearing out a wall or two can be fun with family, friends and Mr. Sledge Hammer.

Also no architect's, and since the government doesn't know about it, no tax increase.

And they say the Midwest is dumb and backward:D

Okay, I will give you that last one.:D:D

Another reason not to live in California, here in Indiana it's called a remodel.

No permits needed and tearing out a wall or two can be fun with family, friends and Mr. Sledge Hammer.

Also no architect's, and since the government doesn't know about it, no tax increase.

And they say the Midwest is dumb and backward:D

Okay, I will give you that last one.:D:D

There is so much remodeling going on in my neighborhood including next door to me. The new owners are going to tear down the house, and put up a new home with a second story. Thats what they do here, because of land value is so high. Half way down the block they will be starting new construction also. Inspectors everywhere. I remodeled my house before moving in. No way could I have done a remodel without permits. Almost every block there is one or two remodels right now.

very sweet indeed!! it is too bad you can not mount the center up top so that you can see all of that Mac VU meter glory across the bottom of your rack!! very nice........

very sweet indeed!! it is too bad you can not mount the center up top so that you can see all of that Mac VU meter glory across the bottom of your rack!! very nice........

The McIntosh MC303 is over 12" high. It would never fit where the Stage is.

Ron, you've completely lost it.;)

I'm inviting myself over, soon.

Ken

Back