System #358 (CLX, Stage, Motif)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice indeed.. How about the sound?

The sound is amazing. These amps work extremely will with my CLX's. A big improvement over the McIntosh 501's. It is not just the 100 wpc more than the 501's, it is a completely redesigned amp. This amp just opened up my speakers like no other amp I have had in my system. The power and detail that I am hearing now, I feel no need to make any changes in the future. If you like McIntosh amps, this is the one to get.

The sound is amazing. These amps work extremely will with my CLX's. A big improvement over the McIntosh 501's. It is not just the 100 wpc more than the 501's, it is a completely redesigned amp. This amp just opened up my speakers like no other amp I have had in my system. The power and detail that I am hearing now, I feel no need to make any changes in the future. If you like McIntosh amps, this is the one to get.

Would it be a faux pas to say "well duh"???...;););)....can just imagine how good those CLX's sound with that amp.

Ron,

I am in serious awe...really, really nice purchases! Very nice system! Bet I know what you're doing for the next few days non-stop! I wouldn't be able to sleep.

I'm wondering how long the 601's have been available? Or, did the 601 replace the 501? I'll have to look up McIntosh's site and see what's new there.

Sam

If I were you I would never leave my house again...ever.

:bowdown:

Nice upgrade Ron! I see the 3D front is a thing of the past. I'm sure your enjoying them. Any major differences between the 501 and 601 other than the additional wattage or is it a subtle change?

Gordon

"I feel no need to make any changes in the future. If you like McIntosh amps, this is the one to get."

Yeah right! This is like saying I'm never drinking again after having one too many the night before!

I want to thank everyone for your kind responses. I have been spending alot of time listening to music and watching some movies.

Nice upgrade Ron! I see the 3D front is a thing of the past. I'm sure your enjoying them. Any major differences between the 501 and 601 other than the additional wattage or is it a subtle change?

Gordon

Actually Gordon, the new MCD1100 has a 3D face. My MCD500 does not. The MC601 is completely different than the MC501. Major sound differences. I did some write-ups on AudioKarma.org, and AudioAficionado.org in the McIntosh section.
The discription is New McIntosh 601's & 303.

I would love to visit your place ron ,go curb crawling in that fancy car and listen to that gear you got but I am in MN and it sucks :rocker:

Updated photos with three new amps. McIntosh MC601's & MC303

McIntosh & Home Theater Room.jpg

audio equipment with cabinet doors closed.jpg

Back