System #295 (Vista)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublin25

Reaction score
Member Name: Joe Euliano
Year Purchased: 2009

Equipment List:

Martin Logan Vista's
Martin Logan Stage
Martin Logan Source (Rear)
Martin Logan Descent i Subwoofer

Denon 4308ci Receiver
Denon 3800 Blu-Ray Player

Mcintosh MC402 400wx2 Amp
Mcintosh MC252 250wx2 Amp (bridged to 500wx1)

Furman Elite-15 DM Power Conditioner

Samsung 52" 1080P LCD TV - LN52A650

Salamander Quad 20 Stand
Salamander Synchro LCD TV Stand

Audioquest Gibraltar Bi-Wire Speaker Cables (front)
Audioquest Type 8 Speaker Cable (center)
Audioquest Type 2 Speaker Cable (rear)
Audioquest Sub-1 Subwoofer Cable
Audioquest Diamondback Interconnects (4 sets)
Audioquest HDMI-1 Video Cables (3)

Custom built (by me) HTPC w/ Dell 15" LCD Touch Screen

Attachments

• P1000327.jpg
    P1000327.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,147
  • P1000329.jpg
    P1000329.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,141
  • System 3.jpg
    System 3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,135
Last edited:
Ahhhhh, so that's your name...Joe ! thanks for the update !

Looking good, nice and clean HT rig !

Nice system.

Make sure those candles burn clean... some produce soot, which your MLs won't like. Don't blow them out, either, because the wicks carry on burning/smoking. Use a snuffer designed for the purpose. If at all possible, just don't use them!

Just concerned for your Vantages, that's all. They don't like smoke!

System #295 (Vista's)

Nice system.

Make sure those candles burn clean... some produce soot, which your MLs won't like. Don't blow them out, either, because the wicks carry on burning/smoking. Use a snuffer designed for the purpose. If at all possible, just don't use them!

Just concerned for your Vantages, that's all. They don't like smoke!

Thanks! I never burn the candles. But that is good to know....

Hey Joe, very nice and clean setup! I'm sure that it sounds at least as good as it looks. Pretty much what I'd like my system to look like when it grows up ;)
I've take a look at the Vista's twice within the last week but am not ready to go with them yet!
Congratulations on the fabulous setup!

New pictures coming.. Replaced the 2 Rotel's with a Mcintosh MC402 and MC252. :)

Also added a PC in the entertainment center with a touch screen monitor on the end table to act as a music server.

Last edited:
New pictures coming.. Replaced the 2 Rotel's with a Mcintosh MC402 and MC252. :)

Also added a PC in the entertainment center with a touch screen monitor on the end table to act as a music server.

Now that should be a big difference. Please don't forget to give us your impressions of the changes. Looking forward to seeing it.

Glen

Bass response is much better now. The Stage was VERY weak sounding with the Rotel - huge difference with the Mcintosh. One question though regarding the MC402 and Vista. Vista's are rated at 200wpc, the MC402 is 400wpc. Since the MC402 won't clip and always delivers clean power - can the Vista's handle the extra power at high volume levels?

Great looking system! I have the same exact speaker setup as you! One question though--How have you liked the Sources for your rears? I have had issues with their integration and overall sound lately in regards to home theater and I was curious if you had any problems getting them to sound right when they are so near your couch. (like mine)

Great looking system! I have the same exact speaker setup as you! One question though--How have you liked the Sources for your rears? I have had issues with their integration and overall sound lately in regards to home theater and I was curious if you had any problems getting them to sound right when they are so near your couch. (like mine)
The Source sound great for rear with home theater. I am using the Denon to power them. The Denon is fantastic. I had to turn them down a bit, because they were a little over powering at first - but now - couldn't be happier. I originally started with a Pioneer Elite SC-05 - but got rid of it. My new name for it is Craponeer. No comparison.

Back