System #275 (CLX)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the CLX wife factor, my wife does not know that I traded the Summits for the CLX. There are several bets as to when she will notice the CLX, I am guessing it will be about 6 months.

OMG!?!?

I wonder if I could manage the same thing with my CLS's? Sandy's pretty sharp. If I tried it and was unsuccessful I'd be visiting the protologist hoping he'd be able to extract them from my backside.

Boy, they sure are pretty though...

Is the wife that hasn't noticed the one sitting down by the speaker that never moves:D?

Thanks for the extra pics.

As for the CLX wife factor, my wife does not know that I traded the Summits for the CLX. There are several bets as to when she will notice the CLX, I am guessing it will be about 6 months.

Like I said your one Lucky Bastard.
My wife would notice them 2 seconds after she walked in the room.
Not to mention the chit I'd be in for spending $20,000, Might as well bring home a mistress, the repercussions would probably be the same.:D

I'd move that dart board, with my luck I'd get a bounce out that would would make it through the micro-perf and puncture the mylar.:eek:

Like I said your one Lucky Bastard.
My wife would notice them 2 seconds after she walked in the room.
Not to mention the chit I'd be in for spending $20,000, Might as well bring home a mistress, the repercussions would probably be the same.:D
Hope everything works out when she does notice.

I'd move that dart board, with my luck I'd get a bounce out that would make it through the micro-perf and puncture the mylar.:eek:

Last edited:
I can't believe it! My wife (sorry, Wife) would notice immediately! I too, may as well bring home a mistress!

No the woman in the chair is my mistress.....my wife hasn't noticed her either. But since she is a mannequinn she is very low maintenance. Funny thing she hasn't said anything about the CLXs either.

I'd move that dart board, with my luck I'd get a bounce out that would would make it through the micro-perf and puncture the mylar.:eek:

You know what Wayne, I thought the exact same thing. Jim must be a MUCH better dart player than me!

Ah - but with unreal women in the room, can we be sure that's a real dartboard? Or even real CLXs?

Gotta be careful round here...:D

A gorgeous set up!!

While the CLX is out of my reach - it is nice to see a few people buying these speakers and posting their impressions.

Erik

You know describing what you hear in a relative sense is IMO not the easiest thing to do because everyone has a different frame of reference , but here goes. Summits versus CLX, the Summits were a very very nice speaker with good imaging from top to bottom. I would even say the Summits are great speakers. They handle the high end like most MLs, but they have very good bass as well. The Summits also have very good mid range and bass combined and they seem integrated quite well. For sure they are the best ML has done in a hybrid format. Now with the CLX everything moves up a notch. When I compare the two, the CLX has even better imaging. The CLX is smooth throughout the range and has that same natural sound from high to low all the way through the mid range and bass. It is faster than the Summit and has completeness that must be listened too to believe. The mid range and bass are quick and clear just like the high end. Imagine the speed you hear when you listen to the highs on a ML ESL and then imagine that the mid range and bass have that same speed and clarity. The CLX is MLs best speaker to date IMO and they are truly amazing in their abilities. Instead of listening to music, you experience the music. Ultimately I would hope that every one with an interest, will get a chance to listen to their favorite music on the CLX and then they can make up their own mind.

Wow, my wife noticed about 8 years ago when I switched from Vandersteen 1's to 2's. Right away!

Time to go car shopping....

Jeff that's funny you should say that....I already did that.

is that a realdoll dude???
but seriously I like your big rooms for listening almost like a showroom in your house!!!

Last edited:
Yeah it really is a mannequin. My wife has a couple of them throughout the house. At night, in a dark room when you are in a certain state, they can really give your heart a jolt....hey maybe that has been her plan all along.

This used to be a pool table room and she (the mannequin) would sit and watch us play pool. I thought about removing her from what is now my dedicated listening room....but that would invite trouble. I like having my dedicated listening room that no one goes into and notice there is only one chair in the center of the room. It's just me and the mannequin.

I thought about removing her from what is now my dedicated listening room....but that would invite trouble. I like having my dedicated listening room that no one goes into and notice there is only one chair in the center of the room. It's just me and the mannequin.
For Halloween you should take off the mannequin's head and put it under her arm. :devil:

Don't know how you can stand the mannequin; it would drive me nuts, especially since it serves zero purpose. You should tell your wife that it screws up the sound and should be tossed out!

For Halloween you should take off the mannequin's head and put it under her arm. :devil:

Don't know how you can stand the mannequin; it would drive me nuts, especially since it serves zero purpose. You should tell your wife that it screws up the sound and should be tossed out!

Yeah, I think it would get to me thinking someone is behind me lurking ! I dont know if I could take it! Id break down and be asking her out on a date ! :D

Latest posts

Back