New View for 911's ???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a 2005 Volvo S60R at 300hp and all wheel drive I can not say enough good things about it. Is it in the same class as the Audi RS6 or BMW M3. No, but its only $45,000.00 and it can do 0-60 in 5.4 seconds and I get 25 mpg in mixed driving.

The other bang for the buck is the Corvette Z06. I will put this car against any other car for under $90,000.00 and it will win in most categories. Don’t count out a good American built push rod V-8.
the Z06 is no doubt awesome... but you have to sit in that Cavalier interior. :( I really despise that everything-on-one-stick turn signal stalk. I'm hugely impressed with that 7 liter monster and I'd love to use it for an engine swap some day.

the Z06 is no doubt awesome... but you have to sit in that Cavalier interior. :( I really despise that everything-on-one-stick turn signal stalk. I'm hugely impressed with that 7 liter monster and I'd love to use it for an engine swap some day.

My last two company cars have been GM products (Prand Prix GTP, and Monte Carlo SS supercharged) and the interiors just SUCK on GM products. They ought to take a lesson from at least Ford if not VW or even Honda/Toyota. That is always the big problem with GM stuff. The powerplants used to suck pretty bad too, but when talking about the new Vette, well, power is NOT the issue with that beast!

Must not be anything of the original left behind! Or you are dropping it out of a C130! :cheers:

It's a 02 Ford SVT Lightning. She’s basically a stock 5.4L block with all forged internals, stage II Comp cams, custom port & polish stage 2 heads. Swapped out the stock Eaton supercharger with a Whipple and increased the PSI to 18lbs of boost. On a very mild street tune she’s turning 570HP at the wheels. If I turn it up, it would be will over 600HP but I don’t drag race anymore. Now it’s just a weekend driver and car shows.

p1.jpg

whipple3.jpg

p10.jpg

Last edited:
It's a 02 Ford SVT Lightning.

That is NOT an OLD PICKUP! Give me a BREAK! An OLD PICKUP is some POS from the 70's or further back! That is a new BAD A$$ Pickup!

BTW, that does not even come CLOSE to qualifying as "basically stock" either!

please read Rampage's description with care: "SHE'S basically..." :D

That tells the whole truth.

I read that, what I am saying is you can't "basically" change every part of the motor except bore and stroke and call it "bascially stock"... You can call it basically BAD A$$, but in NO WAY would it qualify as "stock"... :D

I read that, what I am saying is you can't "basically" change every part of the motor except bore and stroke and call it "bascially stock"... You can call it basically BAD A$$, but in NO WAY would it qualify as "stock"... :D

ok, it has a few more mods then I mentioned above but it's still very streetable. :devil:

Factory Five Racing (a major Cobra kit manufacturer) has come out with a kit supercar based on LS1, LS2, or LS6 engine stuff mated to a 911 transaxle/transmission. The dry weight of the vehicle specs out at 2250 lbs. They build a tube frame with aluminum panels.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/GTMkit.html

FAQ:
http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/faq.html

FFR designs their kits around parting-out an existing vehicle. You can also buy crate motors, new parts, et al from the related manufacturer (Ford, GM) if you want to build the car out. A couple of people I work with have built the Cobra and it looks very-well designed and constructed. I've been debating doing the same myself, but I need to build a new house (and garage) first :).

Wow, talk about tangents, you guys left the OT in the dust...

So here's my contribution to the OT.

I think the R8 will kick plenty of butt. It's an awsome design, and the price competitive.

However, if I were to spend >$100K, it would be for this (the R8's cousin), the Lambo Gallardo:

c455258a.jpg

The R8 itself is good looking, except for that horrid Audi nose.
Audi lost me as a potential customer with the new corporate Schnozzle.

However, if I were to spend >$100K, it would be for this (the R8's cousin), the Lambo Gallardo:

A good friend of mine is building up his company to sell it in the next year or so and when he does he will be getting one of these...I'll let you all know how it is after I get some seat time in it...if he will get it w/ egear I'll get some SERIOUS driving time in it!

Latest posts

Back