More Lampizator comparison with a 100k dac and for classical

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, technical bias is very different from stating "that I am right because I am engineer and interpreted your statement to suit my way of thinking so that I could win the argument"

Edited to add: "And the rest are morons"

Ken, Jon Fo, are technical

It's obvious that I really hit a nerve with you and I'm sorry you feel that way.

There are things that I understand completely enough that I consider them indisputable facts.

Obviously you don't believe that I have that understanding and GG made mention of my way of thought being religious. To my mind that is extremely funny because I see a belief in something that can't scientifically exist as being much more religious in nature, but that is WAYYYY of topic.

I don't consider any of you morons. I suspect that most people on this forum are pretty intelligent people.

The real question is how we deal with each other and the fact that we don't believe the same things.

I have no problem with people who have completely different belief systems than I have. Everyone including myself has beliefs that we won't budge on and since I'm the ONLY person on this planet to agrees with me 100% of the time, life would really suck if I couldn't get along with people who didn't feel the exact same way I feel about things.

It's obvious that I really hit a nerve with you and I'm sorry you feel that way...(...)...

To my mind that is extremely funny because I see a belief in something that can't scientifically exist as being much more religious in nature, but that is WAYYYY of topic.

That statement, and that attitude you keep repeating, is exactly why you strike a nerve. My point is you are neither scientific nor do you have experience of listening to gear. You pretend to be scientific by running some strawman arguments. To some people here, anyone who says all cables sound the same is a scientific guy - it doesn't make you one. Moreover, like with that statement above, even when you are trying to be nice, you can't resist stating that "oh by the way, you guys are still wrong" - this has been a consistent pattern in most of your posts.

If I were you, I would just learn for the next couple of years. But I guess that is too much to ask for, as you would rather type.

I'm saying that BOTH of us believe the other is wrong. In fact we both know that we are right and the other is wrong.

This fact makes us BOTH think less of how the other came by his opinion. We each consider the other person ignorant about something different that we each understand to be true.

I'm not arguing about anything. I'm just stating our current stalemate.

However there is obviously one huge difference.

I don't have a problem with your demeaning opinion of me or my opinions.

I'm also not remotely offended by the fact that you are telling me to go play in a sandbox and grow up for a couple years before coming back to play with the big boys.

Forget the technical issues we disagree on.

What I'm hearing is that you consider it OK to insult me and say my opinion is worthless.
I'm also hearing that I don't have the right to an opinion different from yours.

BTW I'm not trying to be nice. I'm trying to be civil. There is a difference.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with your demeaning opinion of me or my opinions.

Forget the technical issues we disagree on.

What I'm hearing is that you consider it OK to insult me and say my opinion is worthless.
I'm also hearing that I don't have the right to an opinion different from yours.

Kedar,

Let's not descend into WBF speak.

Hopefully, the MLO Forum is better than that.

Gordon

I'm also not remotely offended by the fact that you are telling me to go play in a sandbox and grow up for a couple years before coming back to play with the big boys.

Playing with the big (or small) boys is different from telling them they are wrong, which is what you are consistently doing

Actually, I never said that, but it's ok to play the victim. But since you now said it, let's put it this way - from this post on, I prefer not to exchange 'opinions' with you. My last reply to you.

Last edited:
A little while back I decided to leave this forum because I saw that there was no point in having a fact based discussion. It was very frustrating to me. I know people who hand build guitars and make modifications to guitar amplifiers that do impact the sound that comes out in quantifiable ways. They are all engineers and we get along great. If we have a debate it tends to make us dig deeper until we have a quantifiable way to end that debate.

So what I saw in the USB cable "conversation" completely defied logic. My expectations of what could be discussed here were dashed.

In my eyes this is like arguing that the Earth is 10,000 years old when there is science that proves otherwise. I could never have enough credentials or tests or evidence to change a person's mind on this subject. Belief is a very strong thing and people will defend their beliefs and react very defensively to anything that challenges those beliefs.

So when I returned I adjusted my expectations. I understood that these were religious debates going on that no one would ever be able to win.

That doesn't mean that I was planning to never express my opinion, but simply that I wasn't going to go down endless debates that are pointless.

Now it appears that I'm in an endless debate over the concept of being able to coexist with differing beliefs.

I can have respect for bonzo's experience while completely disagreeing with him on some topics just like I have friends who have very different political and religious beliefs who I still consider friends. I can even respect that he won't reciprocate that understanding.

This reminds me of my teenage conversations with my Dad, where I understood his viewpoint but disagreed with him and he thought that if I didn't agree with him that I didn't respect him. We had a rift that time eventually healed, but it was still unfortunate.

A little while back I decided to leave this forum because I saw that there was no point in having a fact based discussion. It was very frustrating to me. I know people who hand build guitars and make modifications to guitar amplifiers that do impact the sound that comes out in quantifiable ways. They are all engineers and we get along great. If we have a debate it tends to make us dig deeper until we have a quantifiable way to end that debate.

So what I saw in the USB cable "conversation" completely defied logic. My expectations of what could be discussed here were dashed.

In my eyes this is like arguing that the Earth is 10,000 years old when there is science that proves otherwise. I could never have enough credentials or tests or evidence to change a person's mind on this subject. Belief is a very strong thing and people will defend their beliefs and react very defensively to anything that challenges those beliefs.

So when I returned I adjusted my expectations. I understood that these were religious debates going on that no one would ever be able to win.

That doesn't mean that I was planning to never express my opinion, but simply that I wasn't going to go down endless debates that are pointless.

Now it appears that I'm in an endless debate over the concept of being able to coexist with differing beliefs.

I can have respect for bonzo's experience while completely disagreeing with him on some topics just like I have friends who have very different political and religious beliefs who I still consider friends. I can even respect that he won't reciprocate that understanding.

This reminds me of my teenage conversations with my Dad, where I understood his viewpoint but disagreed with him and he thought that if I didn't agree with him that I didn't respect him. We had a rift that time eventually healed, but it was still unfortunate.

Can you please stop insulting? Thanks. I really can't stop you on free internet, but hence forward, I would appreciate if you don't dirty my threads with insults.

Instead of leaving as you had then mentioned, what you actually did was

https://youtu.be/h7WH63wk-sA

Last edited:
Was it the one with the model stripping while giving a presentation? If so I found that one.

Was this it?

http://exposed.ethanwiner.com/1280x720.htm

BTW I ended up chatting with him on FB. Two of my FB friends happened to be FB friends with him. He seems like a good guy.
Yes. I had forgotten about Ethan's site. Thanks will enjoy watching it again:)

Back