Lampi vs Trinity and Totaldac USB vs Audioquest USB

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows Bernard. It would be cheaper to lift the lid on a Big 7 and solder some foo in.

I might get to hear a GG pretty soon.

Fixed that for you

I don't think it'll be that much better TBH because I think it is hard to do better than a B7. It is already at the top of the pile regardless of cost. Interesting to see if it really is appreciably better though.

I don't doubt it will be voiced differently.

I don't think it'll be that much better TBH because I think it is hard to do better than a B7. It is already at the top of the pile regardless of cost. Interesting to see if it really is appreciably better though.

I don't doubt it will be voiced differently.

All his upgrades have been significantly better. That said, he was asked to do these upgrades by some American audiophiles and a Dutch one in particular (he owns a million euro system), so not sure how much lukasz is doing it for himself. Will be interesting to see

I think the key feature that makes B7s sound as good as they do isn't so much the component quality but that triode output circuit.

Sure technically it isn't great but it is great on the ears.

Dueland caps. Much better than the low quality caps other manufacturers use. I had got mine with furutech inlet anyway. The new GG had a better case for isolation and emi/rfi, but my mooks take care of the vibration and can wrap ERS cloth for rfi. I have the valves and the upgraded dsd. So I guess that leaves the silver worrying and soldering, and a bit more.

The existing power supply puss already one of the best out there

Back