More Lampizator comparison with a 100k dac and for classical

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and as long as I give it a new home instead of putting it in the landfill, I don't think there is any harm done.

But you're not helping anything either then!

By giving it a new home, the energy wastage is still happening - it is just someone else instead of you that is consuming the energy. It might make you feel better, but does absolutely nothing for the world overall.

But you're not helping anything either then!

By giving it a new home, the energy wastage is still happening - it is just someone else instead of you that is consuming the energy. It might make you feel better, but does absolutely nothing for the world overall.

Fair enough. So now I feel sad. Do you feel better? :)

I guess I shouldn't get that Tesla Model X either.. Now I'm really depressed!

Stone flat FR into any reasonable load, inaudible distortion and S/N >120dB.

What sound?

I think the real problem is that once perfection is achieved that part of the journey is over :(

Many people actually prefer eccentricities. I read a Car and Driver article where they were complaining about a supercar being too civilized. It performed amazingly well and then was easy to drive around town, but they said they missed the adrenaline rush of older super cars that were harder to control and had a little scare left in them.

Even if they can create the same sonic qualities of the best Class A amplifiers available, or are you completely dismissing that as even being theoretically possible?

All your discussions are theoretical. You need to Lauren to some gear

I believe our reward systems are different.

Frame of mind #1

Why do we listen to music? Because we enjoy it?
If a person is perfectly happy with how their system sounds and enjoys how it sounds, will they be happier if they hear something else that sounds a bit better?

Frame of mind #2

Why do we listen to music? Because it is a personal quest for perfection?
If a person is never quite happy with how their system sounds and always on a mission to find something that sounds better, will they be unhappy if their constant searching can't find something that sounds a bit better?

I am very grateful for what the people in Frame of mind #2 have done to advance audio over the years while personally being in Frame of mind #1.

If everyone were content, the evolution of audio would stagnate. If it wasn't for people who want to find that extra little bit of detail or realism I wouldn't be enjoying the system I have today.

People who are after that perfect sound will push the Class D manufacturers in the right direction.

However if I try out a Class D amplifier and hear no difference at all between it and my current amp, I would consider it would be a win because it is small and efficient and I'm perfectly happy with my existing sound quality.

So bonzo, you and people like you need to keep listening to new gear and I applaud your efforts!

I'll just be an armchair quarterback :)

Hi yes, it is quite ok to sit back and enjoy music. For example, Tom has given up his MLs and is enjoying his KEFs, Bernard listens to and enjoys music. Both of them contribute to discussions positively, and are not really auditioning aggressively. But then, they do not feel the need to sit back in their chair and pass theoretical judgements on every USB cable discussion, or manipulate a Western Electric discussion to a new vs old discussion just so you can argue a point, or cast aspersions, which you did in this discussion by saying "Many will turn their noses up at it because it isn't substantial enough in weight, impressive enough in size or generating heat like a furnace", which kind of implies that others are morons.

It is one thing to say you are enjoying music on your Ethos, another to say it is as good as Neolith but "many won't agree because it doesn't have the same size, price, and hype."

If you are enjoying music, enjoy and have fun discussions instead of trying to sound intelligent in every conversation - sorry - check my history, I defy you to find posts I have been irritated at anyone (though I might have irritated some). But you have a pattern of not trying anything, and then saying what you think is the best and the right way - this has recurred in multiple threads now, the USB, this digital vs valve, and western electric are a few examples.

Apologies to all for spoiling mood of this thread if I am overreacting

Last edited:
Spot on.

I completely understand your view of my posts to date and I'm sure you have a more discerning ear than I do.

Maybe I don't. But unless I have heard it a few times I don't tell people I have a discerning ear so I know the component being discussed, nor do I tell them I am an engineer hence smart, etc so trust me, I know best

Last edited:
Maybe I don't. But unless I have heard it a few times I don't tell people I have a discerning ear so I know the component being discussed, nor do I tell them I am an engineer hence smart, etc so trust me, I know best

In the world of analog I will I will tip my hat to those with experience.

In the world of digital transport there are situations where it can be absolutely proven that there is zero way that any impact on sound quality can happen. That's mathematical and there is no gray area. It can be scientifically be proven. There is nothing subjective in this realm except biases that you bring with you.

We will have to agree to disagree on that last point, since I doubt either of us will ever budge and each of us feels very strongly about it.

In the world of analog I will I will tip my hat to those with experience.

In the world of digital transport there are situations where it can be absolutely proven that there is zero way that any impact on sound quality can happen. That's mathematical and there is no gray area. It can be scientifically be proven. There is nothing subjective in this realm except biases that you bring with you.

We will have to agree to disagree on that last point, since I doubt either of us will ever budge and each of us feels very strongly about it.

*Groan* - At least Ethan Weiner was an expert at what he did

*Groan* - At least Ethan Weiner was an expert at what he did

I had to search back 8 years to find any debate from Ethan. I haven't read all his posts, but I agreed 100% with everything I read from him.

So I think we can come to an understanding and each just know deep down in our hearts that the other wrong, put on appearances and get along swimmingly :)

Mark,

Being the OP, it predictably turned into a S v O discussion and eventually blew up. No surprise there.

Casualties? Not for me.

FWIW, Ethan was recently banned from WBF. Apparently not the first time this has happened.

Adam, after consuming massive amounts of drugs and alcohol over the last several years, I have forgotten about it. :D

Best,

Gordon

Actually, if it helps, I thought you made the most sense on that thread, GG.

after consuming massive amounts of drugs and alcohol over the last several years, I have forgotten ...

That explains so much! Ha ha, just funnin' ya'!

Back