More Lampizator comparison with a 100k dac and for classical

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

Being the OP, it predictably turned into a S v O discussion and eventually blew up. No surprise there.

Casualties? Not for me.

FWIW, Ethan was recently banned from WBF. Apparently not the first time this has happened.

Adam, after consuming massive amounts of drugs and alcohol over the last several years, I have forgotten about it. :D

Best,

Gordon

Ethan got banned from WBF as well? Btw Peter Breuninger started a thread there actually stating that we is leaving because "everyone else is a wanker"

FWIW while I agree with the guy's viewpoint, I've decided to take a less serious approach to things. I have my opinions, but there is no point in bursting a spleen over it. I find some of what goes on here interesting and can get something out of visiting without taking anything too serious.

Today I got my Doppler based GPS speed sensor on one of my helis and I'll be fine tuning this heli for speed over my summer break in anticipation of my next build, when I'm not traveling with my wife, mountain biking, reading and learning some new technologies for my work. So I expect to listen to some music this summer, but it will be a smaller item on my list of things to do and certainly not something I want to spend much effort arguing about :)

Last edited:
Ethan got banned from WBF as well? Btw Peter Breuninger started a thread there actually stating that we is leaving because "everyone else is a wanker"
Ethan's been banned at multiple fora he visits because, sooner or later, he loses his temper in spectacular fashion.

Breuninger's being childish, but so are many of those in the resultant dog-pile.

Ethan's been banned at multiple fora he visits because, sooner or later, he loses his temper in spectacular fashion.

Breuninger's being childish, but so are many of those in the resultant dog-pile.

Ken,

Talk about neurosis and dysfunctionality. The denial going on in that WBF thread is astounding.

And those who still post on WBF question why folks like you and me no longer participate on that site. DUH!

Peter must be having a mid-life crisis.

Gordon

There is nothing subjective in this realm except biases that you bring with you.

Hi Mark,

Glad you are having a great summer and are posting again.

FWIW and with all due respect, that sounds exactly like something Mr. Winer would say.

Best,

Gordon

Hi Mark,

Glad you are having a great summer and are posting again.

FWIW and with all due respect, that sounds exactly like something Mr. Winer would say.

Best,

Gordon

Fair statement. I agree with much of what Mr. Winer said and I doubt that will change. However I'm not going to fight about it either.

I doubt I will always say things that are agreed on by everyone, but I won't get into a war of escalation. Life's too short :)

So if I see something as plainly being 2 marbles + 3 marbles = 5 marbles and someone else says that you can't know that for sure and they might believe it is 6 marbles, I may voice my opinion that it has to be 5 marbles because mathematically it will always be 5 marbles. However it won't cause me to lose sleep at night if someone firmly believes there are 6 marbles.

Basically I'm done with the following:
duty_calls.png

Last edited:
The flip side to that oft used cartoon is that people really feel they are getting to know other people on the internet, and in some sense they are. I am sure a few of us who have posted on here for a long time feel that way. Well at least to some limited extent.

New forum members are particularly likely to get crucified when then enter such "communities", and if they oppose the common "forum view", almost always end up in the sh&t.

I liked Ethan and loved some of his website videos. One in particular with the "hired model" was an absolute freakin' classic that had me laughing manically.

errr. The first pic is how western electrics were designed, second is how modern speakers are designed as per your armchair opinion

errr. The first pic is how western electrics were designed, second is how modern speakers are designed as per your armchair opinion

Yup that's exactly what it looked like at Audio Animation. The manager in charge of production liked smaller women to do all the soldering. He thought they were better at highly repetitive tasks. We couldn't afford the horseys :)

It's also exactly how it looked in the Martin Logan factory in the late 80's in Lawrence KS.

I have to give Mr Winer some serious Kudos! And yes, he does know this subject better than I do, but he nailed everything I've seen by him so far.

In fact I felt like I should spread the love a bit and I purchased a copy of his book from his site so I'll have an autographed copy of my own :bowdown:

I also reached out to him on facebook. Thanks for all the comparisons with him. I'll take that as a complement!

Last edited:
The flip side to that oft used cartoon is that people really feel they are getting to know other people on the internet, and in some sense they are. I am sure a few of us who have posted on here for a long time feel that way. Well at least to some limited extent.

New forum members are particularly likely to get crucified when then enter such "communities", and if they oppose the common "forum view", almost always end up in the sh&t.

I liked Ethan and loved some of his website videos. One in particular with the "hired model" was an absolute freakin' classic that had me laughing manically.

Justin,

I'm glad Mark joined the ML Club and think he has made some great contributions. My comments have nothing to do with him being a "newbie".

If Mark wants to bown down :bowdown: to EW, that's his right.

One must also recognize that me and others simply cannot subscribe to his "absolutism / audio religion" tendencies and / or beliefs.

Then again, I never was much of a religious type person.

Gordon

Difference is that EW had experience, his only irritating tendency was to repeat the same thing in every thread and just argue. I respect hoods science though I might not agree with his view point and posting style. Mark seems to have that posting style without the experience

Difference is that EW had experience, his only irritating tendency was to repeat the same thing in every thread and just argue. I respect hoods science though I might not agree with his view point and posting style. Mark seems to have that posting style without the experience

Point taken. You have no respect for my opinions or think I haven't earned the opinions I have. That has come through loud and clear. I'll live.

Mark has a technical bias. Logic overrides experience. You have a mass of experience gained in a VERY short time and attach yourself to complete foo and massive subjectivism.

What's not to like about either of you?:)

Spent a while searching for it as I really wanted to see it again. It seems to have gone. Somebody probably thought it was off key or something which is a real shame. It was superbly done.

Was it the one with the model stripping while giving a presentation? If so I found that one.

Was this it?

http://exposed.ethanwiner.com/1280x720.htm

BTW I ended up chatting with him on FB. Two of my FB friends happened to be FB friends with him. He seems like a good guy.

Last edited:
Mark has a technical bias. Logic overrides experience. You have a mass of experience gained in a VERY short time and attach yourself to complete foo and massive subjectivism.

What's not to like about either of you?:)

Sorry, technical bias is very different from stating "that I am right because I am engineer and interpreted your statement to suit my way of thinking so that I could win the argument"

Edited to add: "And the rest are morons"

Ken, Jon Fo, are technical

Last edited:
Back