Do you throw away your ML boxes?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojomtn

Reaction score
I was sorting out a bunch of boxes in my basement yesterday and considered throwing plenty to create more room. But I had a hard time parting with my ML boxes. Do you throw em or keep em?

I've always kept my boxes to all of my equipment. If you're selling used you'll take a hit on price for not having the original packaging. Of course you need space to keep the boxes!:rolleyes:

Shipping AirFrame Martin Logans without their original packaging (whether for moving or selling) would be incredibly difficult to do safely. I would sooner rent a storage unit than trash my speaker boxes (I also hold onto a boxes for a lot of my other audio and computer equipment though).

I keep mine - for all my equipment. Many reasons:

1. You'll get more for a second-hand sale if you have the boxes
2. We're moving to more of an eBay / global second hand market, so there's more of a chance you'll have to ship the speakers come sale time. It'll certainly give you access to a lot larger market anyway.
3. For me - I live away from the dealers/distributers (in Sydney) so even if I'm not selling (but require service), I'll need the boxes for sending them to Sydney and back.

I believe replacements from Martin Logan are quite expensive!

I have Summits, with VERY large boxes. I carefully broke down the main boxes, folded them flat, and stacked them against a wall in my garage. I keep all the other packing materials in my attic, but suspect the foam pieces are probably all dried out by now. Hopefully I'll find a local buyer if/when I sell them.

I kept my Quest boxes in the attic for 13 years. When I gave the speakers to one of my son-in-laws the boxes literally fell apart.

I am now inspecting the other equipment boxes and tossing as necessary.

If you keep them, keep them in a controlled environment.

keep all my boxes. nest them for compaction. you'd be amazed at how many other boxes you can fit in a CLS box...

occasionally when i've bought used without boxes, i've had ML ship empty boxes to the seller and they then ship to me in the boxes. Factory boxes are the best way to ship ML products.

Anytime you purchase something that is going to be eventually sold or upgraded it's a good idea to keep the box and all the accessories so it can be sold at a later date. I have all my equipment boxes in the attic and it works as extra insulation.

makes sense. will keep em then. cant believe i still had boxes of stuff that I threw away years ago.

No. It's not a good idea to throw because it is essential for re-sale or moving.

Interesting thread as I just purchased a new pair of Vista's today. I really do not have the room to keep them as we're short on general storage.. I'll see if I can tuck them away somewhere.

Back