Upgraded from Emotiva bass xa2 to Sunfire grand cinema 😳

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck102020

Reaction score
I recently asked whether an old caver amp would be capable to drive my sl3s. During that time a cinema grand in perfect condition popped up 1 hour away for 400 dollars. My budget is limited for my system right now since I just put in an order for new panels. I went and grabbed it, even had the original box. Only thing wrong is the display light is out. It’s sounds unbelievable and couldn’t be happier. My Emotiva bass x pt 100 preamp pairs lovely with the sunfire and I’m glad I can keep emotiva in my system since I love their stuff. Thanks for the advice and guidance everyone.

I recently asked whether an old caver amp would be capable to drive my sl3s. During that time a cinema grand in perfect condition popped up 1 hour away for 400 dollars. My budget is limited for my system right now since I just put in an order for new panels. I went and grabbed it, even had the original box. Only thing wrong is the display light is out. It’s sounds unbelievable and couldn’t be happier. My Emotiva bass x pt 100 preamp pairs lovely with the sunfire and I’m glad I can keep emotiva in my system since I love their stuff. Thanks for the advice and guidance everyone.
So, how would you describe the improvement? I'm sure its quite substantial.

So, how would you describe the improvement? I'm sure its quite substantial.
Fuller and richer across the board. Sounds to have plenty of headroom. High frequencies aren’t dropping off. Much deeper bass from the woofers. Planning on bi-wiring them. Emotiva did a great job but just isn’t cut out for them. Very impressed with the sunfire.

Fuller and richer across the board. Sounds to have plenty of headroom. High frequencies aren’t dropping off. Much deeper bass from the woofers. Planning on bi-wiring them. Emotiva did a great job but just isn’t cut out for them. Very impressed with the sunfire.
Carver made great stuff, high quality. If you're lucky, Carver still might service their equipment. They renewed my subwoofer for a great price, but that was back around 2002.

Back