New ML product development leaked - RWPI

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New product development leaked from the labs at MartinLogan!

Got this on the hush-hush from a source that can’t be named. I’m very psyched, this is game changing.

As we know, one of the challenges with ML’s is the out-of-phase rear wave and how to manage it. Well, the smart cookies at MartinLogan have developed the Rear Wave Polarity Inverter to address this need.

Any ML model can now be equipped with the optional Rear Wave Polarity Inverter and immediately gain the following benefits:
  • Outstanding mid-bass ‘slam’, as the dreaded mid-bass cancellation is gone
  • Improved imaging due to changes in how reflected rear waves interact with the front wave of the speaker
  • Improved SPL ability due to less comb-filtering effects
The development of this circuit has been in a ‘sunkworks’ mode for over a year, and is getting closer to general availability.

It is a small mod that goes into the ESL electronics inside the speaker and does its magic. So soon, any ML owner can choose to have this mod installed by their dealer for a nominal charge (TBD).

I understand the product will be cataloged as the RWPI-0401 and the MSRP is undetermined at this time, but your interest here might affect that, as if many want it, the economies of scale would improve and lower the price.

So, who wants one?

Oh Jonathan, you're such a kidder! "RWPI-0401", that's a keeper.:p

Have a great April 1st everyone!

I heard about this too from a pretty unreliable source. It doesn't matter to me, but for some of you it may be a problem. The retrofit will only yield sonic benefits if you are using Nordost cables and run an analog only system. Oh, and it takes 167,849 hours to burn in.

;)

Well,

Ill admit that you got me excited. Now my feelings are hurt knowing its all a hoax.

Dominick

The internal company memo is on form O.U.8.1.2 and was for internal distribution only. CORPORATE ESPIONAGE!

What a Hoax!!!!

New product development leaked from the labs at MartinLogan!

Got this on the hush-hush from a source that can’t be named. I’m very psyched, this is game changing.

As we know, one of the challenges with ML’s is the out-of-phase rear wave and how to manage it. Well, the smart cookies at MartinLogan have developed the Rear Wave Polarity Inverter to address this need.

Any ML model can now be equipped with the optional Rear Wave Polarity Inverter and immediately gain the following benefits:
  • Outstanding mid-bass ‘slam’, as the dreaded mid-bass cancellation is gone
  • Improved imaging due to changes in how reflected rear waves interact with the front wave of the speaker
  • Improved SPL ability due to less comb-filtering effects
The development of this circuit has been in a ‘sunkworks’ mode for over a year, and is getting closer to general availability.

It is a small mod that goes into the ESL electronics inside the speaker and does its magic. So soon, any ML owner can choose to have this mod installed by their dealer for a nominal charge (TBD).

I understand the product will be cataloged as the RWPI-0401 and the MSRP is undetermined at this time, but your interest here might affect that, as if many want it, the economies of scale would improve and lower the price.

So, who wants one?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back