System #161 (Aerius i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinner54

Reaction score
Allan

Toronto, ON Canada

Aerius I Purchased Dec 06 - sold to original owner Dec 05 and were NIB at that time.
Modified with Musicaps and Solen caps on the high freq side of the crossover.

Electronics

2Channel

Pre amplifier - Sonic Frontiers Line 1.

Amplification - AES Sixpacs

Sources
Nottingham Space Deck with Mission 501.

PS Audio GPHC Phono Stage

Denon 2910 CD, SACD, DVD-A - I like SACD and have collected a number.

IPod 30 Gb Video, used for background music when I am working.

Sub - REL Quake 108E

Home Video

Denon 3805 used as a pre/pro and amplification for center and rear channels.

Mission CV6 Center

Wharfdale 2 ways for rears.
VPI 16.5 cleaning system

HK CDR30 - used to copy vinyl to cd.

SA 8300HD PVR

Sharp Aquos 32 and 50" 1080P

Accessories

Acoustic Zen Hologram Bi Wired Speaker cables.
Acoustic Zen Silver Ref II from Pre to Amps
Acoustic Zen Matrix Ref II from CD to Amps
Cardas TwinLink from Home Theater ByPass

PS Audio Power Cable throughout.

Dedicated power lines for amps and Digital equipment.

Monster HT1000

Logitech Harmony 880 remote.

All of this in a room 12 X 10 (renovating a new room should be in a few weeks) New pics on the way.

Attachments

• RtLogan.jpg
    RtLogan.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,221
  • LoganLFT.jpg
    LoganLFT.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,158
Last edited:
Excellent Aerius i System...

Allan,

Welcome to the ML Club!:D

Your system is soooo beautiful. I just love your decor, the hardwood floors with the purple colored wall is so cool. Your analog set-up ~ Nottingham Spacedeck with Spacearm and Shelter 501 MKII cartridge is spectacularly outstanding. You must have a great collection of LP's as well?

Wonderful system... :D

It is good having you here! :D

Changed the crossovers today

I could not make up my mind about this "tweek" was it really worth it, considering I will probably move up the ML chain over the next year. But being a tweekaholic i couldnt resist. Spent $220 for 2 7uf Hovaland musicaps and a 15 and 36 Solen (black ones). Did it make a difference - well the caps have been in play for about 6 hours now and I am just sitting down for a listen. Usually i use XM radio for background hmmmmm it seems much more alive now.

Its great to be a memeber of the club.....cant wait for the next piece Cinema i.......if the wife doesnt throw me out first.

Cheers.

Allan, Welcome ! I like your "Black Pizza" spinner !

Finished for now.....

I ordered a set of soundbars with spikes from soundocity and they arrived a couple of days ago. They are a very well made spike system with a set of outriggers that allow for simple adjustment of the speakers. I went to a local granite shop and was able to pickup 2 polished slabs that were scrap for $20.

Now the speakers are in their place and the music is as good as it gets. I was listening to Pat Barber on Cafe Cool prior to this tweak the bass was mush with the spikes - perfect.

A wonderful thing about the net - groups like these thanks for the ideas.

Allan

I have no affiliation with soundo found their web site in a post here :cheers:

Attachments

• soundospikes.jpg
    soundospikes.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,063
I ordered a set of 1.5" gold spikes frm Soundocity about a week ago, and although they took my Paypal payment the next day, I have yet to hear from them with any shipping or tracking info, and although I've called them three times, I have yet to hear back (I always get their answering machine)...

Hopefully these spikes some soon. I imagine they are just running behind with their shipping or something, but I find it a little disconcerting that they won't return my calls, and don't have a phone# where you can talk with an actual human being...

How long did it take for you to get your Outriggers whn you ordered them?

--Richard

I ordered a set of 1.5" gold spikes frm Soundocity about a week ago, and although they took my Paypal payment the next day, I have yet to hear from them with any shipping or tracking info, and although I've called them three times, I have yet to hear back (I always get their answering machine).. I find it a little disconcerting that they won't return my calls, and don't have a phone# where you can talk with an actual human being...

This kinda sux IMHO... :(

It took about 3 weeks to get them and a number of emails.

I ordered mine over the holidays so I just assumed it was taking time. I did have to chase Paul down but he came through and the quality of the parts was very good.

Looks like they are on some outriggers with cone/spike feet and then those are on a granite or marble slab of some sort.

Back