How to remove panels from Sequel Two??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodymu

Reaction score
Dear Martin Logan owners,

I need to replace the electrostatic panels of my Sequels but don't know how to remove them from the wooden frame. I tried to slide them but that seems to be impossible.

Any tips how to proceed? Any tips how to re-install the panels mechanically?

By the way, does the Sequel Two have a woofer with a polypropylene cone? Mine is made of paper so there is a chance it is not the original one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Rody

Do some searches on the site..

"slippage" is a good search that will show you threads that show how to remove the rails.

Your best best, however, is to email ML service dept.

Jim Power: [email protected]

Sometimes the rails are VERY difficult to get off, but they do slide in one direction or another... the trick is to make sure you're sliding in the right direction. Again, use the search function and you'll find some help.

Tom.

Open up the high voltage interface and unwire the panels' blue, red and black leads.Lay the speaker on its' back. Take a rubber mallet and knock the wood trim pieces from bottom to top. They are tight, so it may take a couple of whacks. They'll slide up the frame about an inch (~3 cm for you European types), at which point you can simply lift them free.

The panel is held to the frame with some velcro strips as well -- So don't panic.... lift the panel free and install the new one.

Good luck.'

~VDR

They'll slide up the frame about an inch (~3 cm for you European types), at which point you can simply lift them free.
Exactly.

Remember there are posts on the cabinet and the rails have a keyhole type device on them for the rails to lock on. So, once you slide up you need to pull the entire strip out away from the speaker. The parts on the rail look something like this picture to give you an idea - slide the rail then pull out the hole. Each of the posts "can seem" to get caught when parts of the rail are pulled up instead of the entire rail at the same time.

Attachments

• IS813-063.jpg
    IS813-063.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 184

Latest posts

Back