What Earbud Headphones?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beakman

Reaction score
I crushed the wires on my Etymotic earphones last trip and didn't notice until this one. So, today I made a run into the local electronics store for an emergency pair and walked out with a pair of "Skullcandy FMJ's"
What garbage, and they weren't cheap either. Mud city, like your head is in jello and you are drinking a marshmallow flavored smoothie. Barf!

So until I can get a replacement set of wires (bless you, Etymotic, for having the forethought), what readily available off the shelf earbud do you recommend? I'm diein' out here! :confused:

I was at Can Jam, but I did not spend much time comparing these. I drooled over and picked up the Beyer T1's, instead, which are over-ear and semi open. These and Woo 5 amps were best of show for me.

What's your price point?

Try Shure se 530 or se 420. I also heard Etymotic 4's which have a very linear response across the spectrum. People may or may not like that.

One of the busiest vendors at Can Jam was JH Audio. The do custom in-ear monitors. They were taking free impressions ($100 or so), and people were all over them like flies over ....

I have the Klipsch Image X-10 earbuds. They are TINY and I use them mainly for when I'm riding my motorcycle, as my helmet can fit over the top of them quite easily because of their small size. Sound quality is EXCEPTIONAL when pushed all the way into your ear canals. Pricey @ $300, but I love them. Klipsch has discontinued them.. not sure why.. They have others that look nice, but I don't have any experience with them.

http://www.klipsch.com/image-x10-in-ear-headphones

Latest posts

Back